Caramex Logistics Inc based in Unit 310, 49 Hinshaw Drive, Sylvan Lake, AB T4S 0K5 is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Truck drivers supervisor who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. Caramex Logistics Inc is a Canadian company with offices in Alberta and Ontario. Caramex offers a wide range of freight and logistics services. In addition, we provide transportation solutions, warehousing, distribution, and material handling services. Our business philosophy is based on our commitment to providing efficient and professional service to our customers.
We believe that our service should be tailored to each customer’s specific and individual needs, with the goal of providing cost-effective solutions that are focused on their success. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to full time or Permanent employment. The shift timings include Evening, Night, Shift, Flexible Hours, Early Morning and Morning. The position of Truck drivers supervisor has been approved by the LMIA.
Employer Name: Caramex Logistics Inc
Position: Truck drivers supervisor
No. of vacancies: 3
Salary: $33.00 hourly for 35 to 40 hours per week
Employment type: Full time, Permanent employment
Location: Unit 310, 49 Hinshaw Drive, Sylvan Lake, AB T4S 0K5
Major Work Area: Supervision, Dispatching
Type of Industry Experience: Trucking
- The candidate must either train or arrange for training.
- The candidate will be expected to supervise employees and projects.
- The candidate must requisition or order materials, equipment, and supplies.
- The candidate will be required to recommend personnel actions.
- The candidate must monitor and operate the signal and track switch control panel.
- The candidate must ensure that health and safety regulations are followed.
- The candidate will be expected to plan and coordinate activities.
- The candidate will be expected to solve work problems and recommend improvements to work methods.
- The candidate will be responsible for coordinating repairs and rentals.
- The candidate will be responsible for maintaining all drivers’ logs, qualification files, compliance information, safety even records, and vehicle maintenance documents to ensure complete company policy and DOT compliance for all assigned facilities.
- The candidate must have a thorough knowledge and understanding of the company’s operations, policies, and procedures.
- The candidate will be expected to respond to a variety of issues by providing support, advice, and guidance to drivers and monitors.
- The candidate must be in charge of driver selection, orientation, monthly safety training, and DOT compliance.
- The candidate will be expected to work with other departments to identify solutions for routing, customer service, accounting, and delivery time issues, as well as to ensure the implementation of corrective actions to exceed customer expectations.
- The candidate will be responsible for supervising dispatchers and ensuring that all delivery/pickup routes and duties are completed safely and efficiently.
- The candidate will be responsible for ensuring adherence to all accident prevention programmes as well as leading operations to ensure compliance with all DOT, safety, environmental, operating, regulatory, accounting, ethics, and other standards.
- The candidate will be required to keep track of delivery/distribution information (mileage, fuel cost, fuel use, hours, and stops for delivery).
- The candidate must create a positive work environment by consistently supporting and recognising employees’ professional and personal growth.
- The candidate will be required to respond to escalating internal and external customer issues, determine root cause, and implement any corrective measures.
- The candidate will be expected to keep track of vehicle inspection records.
- The candidate will be responsible for evaluating and conducting performance reviews.
- The candidate will be responsible for coordinating new customer delivery site analysis in order to ensure safe and efficient deliveries.
- The candidate will be expected to forecast driver and routing needs to assist with holidays and special events in order to avoid disruptions to the normal delivery schedule.
- The candidate must conduct thorough accident investigations for all driver-related accidents.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- The ideal candidate should have a minimum 1 to less than 7 months of working experience in similar industry.
- The candidate should be a good team player with enough interpersonal and judge-mental skills.
- The candidate should be organized and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should be punctual.
- The candidate should be dependable.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should give importance to values and ethics.
- The candidate should have excellent customer service skills.
- The candidate should have a thorough Criminal record check.
- The candidate should have good physical and healthy state to perform all tasks quickly, effectively, and efficiently.
- The candidate should have excellent oral and written communication
- The candidate must have a basic level of security clearance.
- The candidate should be bondable and easily communicate
- The candidate must be able to take the initiative and solve problems quickly and efficiently.
- The candidate should have excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- The candidate should have strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- The candidate should have leadership skills to take control of a situation and make quick decisions when necessary
- The candidate should be energetic with a positive attitude.
- The candidate must be able to communicate effectively and appropriately with subordinates and management.
- The candidate must be able to keep confidential or sensitive information secure.
- The candidate will be responsible for supervising truck drivers.
- The candidate must be able to supervise 1 to 2 people or 3 to 4 people
Business Equipment and Computer Applications
- The candidate should be proficient in Microsoft Word, Windows, Excel, Office, PowerPoint, Publisher and Outlook
Work Site Environment
- The candidate should be willing to work in an outdoor environment for long hours
- The work site environment is noisy, and the candidate must be able to work with complete concentration even in such conditions.
- The candidate should be willing to work in wet, hot or cold environment
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate must be capable of bending, stooping, pushing, kneeling, and reaching.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options