Merks Farms Limited based in Moncton, NB is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Truck driver who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job.
Employer Name: Merks Farms Limited
Position: Truck driver
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $22.00 to $25.00 hourly for 45 to 60 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Moncton, NB
- The candidate must operate and drive straight or articulated trucks in order to transport goods and materials.
- The candidate will be responsible for overseeing condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and other equipment.
- The candidate will be expected to perform pre-trip, en route, and post-trip inspections as well as oversee all vehicle aspects.
- The candidate will be responsible for recording cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- Candidate having experience is an asset.
- The candidate must have an Air Brakes Endorsement, a Class 1/1F/A Licence (semi trailer trucks), a Class 3/3F/DF Licence (trailer truck, vehicles with more than 3 axles), and a Driver’s License (Class 1 or A).
- The candidate must be able to handle weight up to 13.5 kg (30 lbs).
Experience and Specialization
- The candidate should be knowledgeable about Bill of lading, Driver logbook, Inspection report (pre-trip, en-route, post-trip) and Trip reports.
Type of Trucking and Equipment
- The trucking and equipment types are dry bulk, straight truck (4,600kg+ or 10,000lbs+ with 3+ axles), tractor-trailer, and tractor-trailer B train.
- The candidate should have prior experience running both long-distance and short-distance trips.
Security and safety
- The candidate’s driving record should be thoroughly investigated (abstract)
- The candidate must be able to drive a manual transmission vehicle.
- The candidate must have their own transportation.
- The candidate must have a valid driver’s license.
- The candidate must have their own steel-toed safety boots.
- Health and Long term benefits will be provided to the selected candidate.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Dental plan, Disability benefits and Health care plan.
- Under Long Term Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Group insurance benefits, Life insurance and Other benefits.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.