JAZZ TRANSPORTATION LTD based in 42 NELLES STREET, Regina, SK S4X 1N6 is looking for suitable candidates for the position of Truck Dispatcher who is self-motivated and has good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to full time or Permanent employment.
Employer Name: JAZZ TRANSPORTATION LTD
Position: Truck Dispatcher
No. of vacancies:1
Salary: $26.50 hourly for 35 hours per week
Employment type: Full time, Permanent employment
Location: 42 NELLES STREET, Regina, SK S4X 1N6
- Candidates will be required to keep track of their mileage, fuel consumption, repairs, and other expenses.
- Candidates must be able to use computer-aided communications and dispatching equipment.
- Candidates will be expected to dispatch personnel in accordance with schedules and work orders.
- Candidates will be expected to dispatch personnel as needed in emergency situations.
- Candidates will be expected to help with the maintenance of communications equipment.
- Candidates will be expected to advise vehicle operators on traffic and other issues.
- Candidates must schedule assignments and coordinate the activities of vehicle operators, crews, and equipment.
- Candidates will be expected to follow up on work order issues.
- Candidates must be familiar with cross-border dispatching regulations and practises.
- The candidates will be required to maintain vehicle operator work records
- Candidates will be in charge of communicating with customers regarding freight details, delivery or pickup times, and special handling requests.
- Candidates will be in charge of planning predetermined routes and accommodating route changes as needed.
- Candidates will be in charge of preparing dispatch documents as well as generating freight bills and invoices.
- The candidates will be in charge of keeping track of transportation regulations and laws in order to ensure that truck drivers follow them.
- The candidates will be in charge of overseeing truck repairs and maintenance schedules.
- The candidates will be in charge of keeping track of dispatched calls, driver routes, route changes, and delivery and pickup times.
- The candidates will be responsible for monitoring the weather at all driver locations in order to identify potential problems, which will be done using a variety of computer programmes.
- The candidates will be responsible for coordinating and managing the most efficient loads in order for the company to remain cost-effective, combining shipments based on their routes and timelines in order to minimise the number of trucks and drivers on the road.
- Candidates will be responsible for determining the best delivery methods and directly negotiating rates with vendors and customers, as well as obtaining the necessary documents and permits that drivers will require when shipping chemicals or livestock.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- Previous experience is not mandatory.
- The candidate should have a thorough Criminal record check.
- The candidate should be punctual.
- The candidate should be accountable.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should give importance to values and ethics.
- The candidate should have excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- The candidate should have strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- The ideal candidate will be a quick learner who can maintain focus and adapt to a variety of challenges.
- The candidate should have basic knowledge in Microsoft Windows, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook
- The candidate must be able to carry out detailed procedures in a time-sensitive environment.
- The candidate should be organized and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should have excellent oral and written communication.
- The candidate should be a good team player with enough interpersonal and judge-mental skills.
- The candidate should be energetic with a positive attitude
- The candidate should have strong problem solving skills.
- The candidate should have excellent customer service skills
- The candidate should be accurate.
- The candidate should have good physical and healthy state to perform all tasks quickly, effectively, and efficiently.
- The candidate should have excellent eye-hand coordination.
- The candidate will be required to work in transportation company
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- The candidate must be able to work well in a fast-paced environment
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate should be physically fit.
- The candidate must finished the work with in the given time line.
- The candidate should ready to work overtime if needed
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
42 NELLES STREET