AMAR TILES LTD based in Surrey, BC is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Tilesetter who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The position of Tilesetter has been approved by the LMIA (Labour Market Impact Assessment).
Employer Name: AMAR TILES LTD
No. of vacancies: 2
Salary: $25.50 hourly for 40 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Surrey, BC
- The candidate must prepare, measure, and mark the surfaces to be covered.
- The candidate will be required to use a hand trowel to mix, apply, and spread mortar, cement, mastic, glue, or other adhesives.
- The candidate will be required to place tiles and apply pressure to secure them to the base.
- The candidate will be required to align and straighten tiles.
- The candidate will be required to use hand and power cutting tools to cut and fit tiles around obstacles and openings.
- The candidate will be expected to train apprentices.
- The candidate will be expected to pack grout into tile joints and remove excess grout.
- The candidate must remove and replace cracked or damaged tiles.
- The candidate must lay and install mosaic tiles to create decorative wall, mural, and floor designs.
- The candidate must build underbeds and install anchor bolts, wires, and brackets.
- The candidate will be required to estimate costs and materials.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of Secondary (high) school graduation certificate.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 1 to 2 years of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate should be accurate.
- The candidate should be dependable.
- The candidate should have good judgemental skills.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
Work site environment
- The candidate must work in an environment with a high concentration of odours.
- The candidate must be able to work in dusty conditions.
- The candidate will be expected to provide on-site customer service.
- The candidate will be required to work in Commercial, Industrial, and Residential settings.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in bending, crouching, and kneeling positions.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate must have excellent hand eye coordination.
- The candidate will be expected to manage a large workload.
- The candidate must have safety equipment/gear and a hard hat.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.