Neptune Security Services Inc. based in 10665 Jasper Ave, Edmonton, AB T5J 3S9 is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Security Guard Supervisor who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. Neptune Security Services is a Canadian-owned and operated company known for providing high-quality security and investigative services. Our Quality Management System (QMS), Canadian Governing Standard Board Phase I and Phase II certification, and ISO 9001: 2008 compliance enhance our services. These programmes’ adherence and compliance have propelled us to the forefront of the security industry.
To exceed our customers’ expectations, our Quality Management System is an important part of the Neptune Culture that all employees must understand and practise. Neptune Security’s clear mission statement and core values provide a solid foundation for our company’s development and direction. Our mission is to be the best in the security industry by running a customer and employee-oriented business that adheres to quality management principles. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to permanent employment or full time.
Employer Name: Neptune Security Services Inc.
Position: Security Guard Supervisor
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $20.00 hourly for 32 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: 10665 Jasper Ave, Edmonton, AB T5J 3S9
- The candidate must supervise the operation of mechanical equipment and machinery.
- The candidate will be expected to solve work-related issues.
- The candidate will be in charge of requisitioning or ordering materials, equipment, and supplies.
- The candidate must prepare and submit progress and other reports.
- If necessary, the candidate will be required to perform dry cleaning and/or laundering tasks.
- The candidate will be responsible for supervising the cleaning of specialty and difficult items.
- The candidate will be expected to keep track of quality and production levels.
- The candidate will be expected to deal with emergency situations.
- The candidate will be expected to create work schedules and procedures.
- The candidate will be expected to ensure the smooth operation of computer equipment and machinery.
- The candidate will be expected to coordinate activities with other work units or departments.
- The candidate will be responsible for scheduling maintenance and repair work.
- The candidate will be expected to assist clients/guests with special needs.
- The candidate will be expected to train employees/staff on job duties, safety procedures, and company policies.
- The candidate will be expected to supervise, coordinate, and schedule (and possibly review) worker activities.
- The candidate will be required to make several reports at work, including those addressing incidents, accidents, and security breaches, and should write a report adequately and record them in the occurrence book or other form
- The candidate should be conversant with the building’s overall design.
- The candidate should conduct regular patrols in all areas of the facility, including activity rooms, public areas, outlets, and surrounding areas, to spot-check the security guards’ performance and other security-related matters.
- The candidate will be responsible for inspecting for safety and security hazards. If you notice any equipment that is causing a hazard, you must report it to the appropriate department so that it can be repaired.
- The candidate will be in charge of monitoring the system to ensure proper operation and detecting any unauthorised activity.
- The candidate will be in charge of preparing and conducting training for new hires and current employees, including training on workplace searches, drug and alcohol procedures, and other related safety and security topics.
- The candidate will be in charge of taking proactive steps to provide a safe and secure working environment for employees and visitors.
- The candidate will be in charge of providing specialised security for and monitoring access to restricted and limited access areas such as inventory areas, network equipment areas, employee files and confidential records.
- Wherever necessary, the candidate will be in charge of initiating disciplinary proceedings.
- The candidate will be in charge of performing other related tasks as needed.
- The candidate will be in charge of keeping the premises safe from all hazards.
- The candidate will be in charge of ensuring that all security equipment and products are in good functioning order.
- The candidate will be in charge of developing and implementing preventative measures for accidents, thefts, and other risks.
- The candidate will be in charge of ensuring that all applicable policies and regulations are followed while implementing security measures.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- The ideal candidate should have a minimum 1 to less than 7 months of working experience in similar industry.
- The candidate should have a thorough Criminal record check.
- The candidate should have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- The candidate should have effective interpersonal skills.
- The candidate should have good judgemental skills
- The candidate should be a team player.
- The candidate should be flexible.
- The candidate should be dependable.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should give importance to values and ethics.
- The candidate should be punctual.
- The candidate should have excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- The candidate should have strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- The candidate should be a critical thinker and have strong problem-solving skills
- The candidate should have outstanding surveillance and observation skills
- The candidate have good knowledge in security operations and safety practices
- The candidate must be able to react appropriately in emergency and high stress situations.
- The candidate should have good physical and healthy state to perform all tasks quickly, effectively, and efficiently.
- The candidate should remain alert and focused on their surroundings at all times.
- The candidate must be detail-oriented because he or she must perform multiple tasks and remember a large amount of information in order to serve clients.
- The candidate should have leadership skills to take control of a situation and make quick decisions when necessary
- The candidate must be able to work alone or as part of a team
- The candidate should have good understanding of legal guidelines for area security and public safety
- The candidate should be able to work with sensitive and classified information.
- The candidate must be familiar with Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
- The candidate should be able to provide training on security policies and procedures.
- The candidate should have exemplary customer service skills
- The candidate must maintain honesty and integrity.
- The candidate should be client focused.
- The candidate should be energetic with a positive attitude
- The candidate should be bondable and easily communicate.
- The candidate must be capable of acting on their own initiative.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate should be willing to work in sitting, standing and walking position for long hours.
- The candidate should be willing to work standing position for extended periods.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
CanadaJobBank.org wishes you best of luck. Keep following our Canada Job Bank web site for latest Jobs in Canada, Work from home jobs, Walk-In interviews, LMIA approved jobs, Job fair and many more. Thank You.