Garda Canada Security Corp. based in Long Harbour, NL is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Security guard who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Part time leading to full time job.
Employer Name: Garda Canada Security Corp.
Position: Security guard
No. of vacancies: 3
Salary: $17.41 hourly for 24 hours per 24 to 44 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Part time leading to full time
Location: Long Harbour, NL
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of Secondary (high) school graduation certificate.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 1 to 2 years of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate should have effective interpersonal skills.
- The candidate should have excellent oral communication skills.
- The candidate should have good judgemental skills.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a remote location.
- The candidate must work in an industrial facility or establishment.
Experience and specialization
Computer and technology knowledge
- The candidate must be familiar with Microsoft Word.
Policy and program experience
- The candidate must have prior experience with course equivalency standards.
Type of experience
- The candidate must have experience in corporate building security, mobile surveillance/stakeouts, retail loss prevention, and security consulting (commercial/industrial).
Security and safety
- The candidate should undergo a thorough criminal record check, driving record check (abstract), drug test, and medical exam.
- The candidate must have their own transportation.
- The candidate must have their own vehicle.
- The employer will not pay for the candidate’s travel expenses.
- The candidate must be willing to travel.
- The candidate must be willing to travel frequently.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate must have 20/20 vision.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in sitting, standing, and walking positions.
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be willing to work for long hours in sitting positions.
- The candidate must be willing to walk for long periods of time.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
- The candidate must have their own cell phone, safety equipment/gear, and steel-toed safety boots.
- Health, Financial, Long term and Other benefits will be provided to the selected candidate.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Dental plan, Health care plan and Vision care benefits.
- Under Financial benefits, the selected candidate will receive benefits in accordance with the collective agreement.
- Under Long Term Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Group insurance benefits and Life insurance.
- In addition to the Health, Financial, and Long-term benefits mentioned above, the selected candidate will receive Free parking.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
Please include the following while sending the application
- Cover letter