Canadian Armed Forces/ Forces armées canadiennes based in Québec, QC is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Social work officer who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift schedules have yet to be determined.
Employer Name: Canadian Armed Forces/ Forces armées canadiennes
Position: Social work officer
No. of vacancies: 6
Salary: $35,820 to $62,424 annually for 35 hours per 35 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Québec, QC
- The candidate will be required to conduct interviews with clients in order to assess their situation and determine the types of services required as well as their eligibility.
- The candidate will be expected to provide counselling and therapy to clients in order to assist them in resolving social and personal issues.
- The candidate will be expected to plan client assistance programmes.
- The candidate will be required to refer clients to organisations that provide financial assistance, legal aid, housing, medical treatment, and other services.
- The candidate must provide public education and consultation on counselling services, issues, and methods.
- The candidate must assess the effectiveness of counselling and social programmes.
- The candidate will be expected to create prevention and intervention programmes to meet community needs.
- The candidate will be expected to plan intervention programmes.
- The candidate will be expected to provide suicide and crisis intervention.
- The candidate will be expected to plan intervention programmes and conduct programme evaluation.
- The candidate should be fluent in English or French languages.
- The candidate must have a Master’s degree.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 2 to 3 years of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate must hold a provincial certificate of registration, be a member of a provincial association of social workers, and be a member of the Canadian Association of Social Workers (CASW).
- The candidate should be dependable.
- The candidate should have excellent oral communication skills.
- The candidate must be interpersonally aware.
- The candidate should have good judgemental skills.
- The candidate must be well-organized.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
- The candidate should give importance to values and ethics.
- The candidate must work in a clinic as well as a military base or location.
- The candidate’s relocation expenses will be covered by the employer.
- The candidate must be willing to relocate to the specified location.
Security and safety
- The candidate should be subjected to a thorough criminal background check.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Dental plan, Health care plan and Vision care benefits.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.