Blackbird Security Inc. based in Ottawa, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Security guard who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Part time leading to full time job. The shift timings include Day, Evening, Weekend, Shift, On Call, Flexible Hours and Morning.
Employer Name: Blackbird Security Inc.
Position: Security guard
No. of vacancies: 10
Salary: $16.00 to $18.00 hourly for 16 to 40 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Part time leading to full time
Location: Ottawa, ON
- The candidate will be required to produce reports.
- The candidate will be expected to patrol designated areas.
- The candidate will be expected to prevent and detect shoplifting and theft in retail establishments.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of Secondary (high) school graduation certificate.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 7 months to less than 1 year of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate must have a CPR certificate, a first aid certificate, and a security guard licence.
- The candidate should have effective interpersonal skills.
- The candidate should have excellent oral communication skills.
- The candidate should have good judgemental skills.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate will be required to work in various locations.
- The candidate will be required to work in a retail/wholesale establishment/distribution centre as well as a shopping centre or mall.
Experience and specialization
- The candidate must be an expert in theft investigations.
Type of experience
- The candidate must have prior experience in retail loss prevention.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- The candidate must be willing to walk for long periods of time.
- The candidate must have their own cell phone and Internet access.
- The employer will pay for the candidate’s learning and training.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
Please include the following while sending the application
- Cover letter