Atikokan Health and Community Services based in Atikokan, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Registered practical nurse (R.P.N.) who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Shift, Overtime and Morning.
Employer Name: Atikokan Health and Community Services
Position: Registered practical nurse (R.P.N.)
No. of vacancies: 2
Salary: $30.19 to $30.66 hourly (to be negotiated) / 75 to 84 hours bi-weekly
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Atikokan, ON
- The candidate must administer medication as well as observe and document therapeutic effects.
- The candidate must take vital signs, use aseptic techniques such as sterile dressing, control infection, monitor nutritional intake, and collect specimens.
- The candidate will be expected to provide safety and health education to individuals and their families.
- The candidate will be expected to provide nursing services to patients within a defined scope of practise based on patient assessment and care planning procedures.
- The candidate will be expected to monitor patients’ progress, evaluate the effectiveness of nursing interventions, and consult with members of the healthcare team as needed.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate must have a one-year to two-year certificate or diploma from a College, CEGEP, or other non-university programme.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 1 to less than 7 months of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate must have passed the Canadian Practical Nurse Registration Examination and have a Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) Certificate.
- The candidate must work in a hospital/medical facility or clinic, as well as chronic or long-term care facilities/centres.
- Health, Long term and Other benefits will be provided to the selected candidate.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Dental plan, Disability benefits, Health care plan and Vision care benefits.
- Under Long Term Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Group insurance benefits, Life insurance, Maternity and parental benefits and Pension plan.
- In addition to the Health and Long-term benefits mentioned above, the selected candidate will receive Free parking and Wellness program.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
Please include the following while sending the application
- Job reference number- 2023-29, 2023-30
- Cover letter