EM2 Corp. based in Mississauga, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Painter, construction who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift schedules have yet to be determined, but the candidate will be required to work during the early morning shift.
Employer Name: EM2 Corp.
Position: Painter, construction
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $26.50 hourly for 40 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Mississauga, ON
- The candidate must prepare, clean, and sand surfaces to be painted.
- The candidate will be expected to fill cracks and holes.
- The candidate must mix paint to achieve the desired colour and texture.
- The candidate must measure, cut, and apply wallpaper and other fabric to walls.
- The candidate must erect scaffolding and swing stages as well as attach rigging.
- The candidate will be required to apply paint, wallpaper, and other materials and finishes to interior and exterior surfaces.
- The candidate will be required to estimate costs and materials.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate must have a certificate of secondary (high) school graduation or equivalent experience.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 1 to 2 years of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate must be able to handle weight up to 45 kg (100 lbs).
- The candidate should be client focused.
- The candidate should have effective interpersonal skills.
- The candidate must be flexible.
- The candidate must be capable of acting on their own initiative.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
Work site environment
- The candidate must be able to work at heights.
- The candidate will be required to work in confined spaces.
- The candidate must work in an environment with a high concentration of odours.
- The candidate will be required to work in various locations.
- The candidate’s relocation expenses will not be covered by the employer.
- The candidate must be willing to relocate to the specified location.
Experience and specialization
Equipment and machinery experience
- The candidate must have prior experience with airless spray equipment, brush painting, conventional spray painting, multi-ratio pump spraying, patterned rollers, and roller painting.
Surface preparation experience
- The candidate must have prior experience with drywall taping and patching, water/hydroblasting, steam cleaning, and sandblasters.
- The candidate must be knowledgeable about lead removal and encapsulation.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate must have excellent hand eye coordination.
- The candidate must be able to distinguish between colours.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in bending, crouching, and kneeling positions.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate must have their own steel-toed safety boots.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
Please include the following while sending the application
- References attesting experience