Purple Springs Nursery Inc based in Armstrong, BC is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Nursery worker who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day and Weekend.
Employer Name: Purple Springs Nursery Inc
Position: Nursery worker
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $15.65 hourly for 60 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Armstrong, BC
- The candidate will be in charge of clipping.
- The candidate will be in charge of harvesting vegetables by hand.
- The candidate will be in charge of suckering.
- The candidate will be in charge of vegetable culling.
- The candidate will be in charge of weeding.
- The candidate will be expected to assist in the pruning of trees, shrubs, and plants.
- The candidate will be required to pot and re-pot plants.
- The candidate will have to apply fertilisers.
- The candidate will be required to dig up wrapping rootballs of trees and shrubs.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 2 to 3 years of experience in a related industry.
Work Site Environment
- The candidate will be required to work long hours in an outdoor environment.
- The candidate must be able to work in wet/damp, hot, and cold/refrigerated conditions.
- The work environment includes equipment operation.
Experience and Specialization
Equipment and machinery experience
- The candidate must have prior experience with a chainsaw, forklift, garden tractors, mechanical cultivators, mechanical seeders, and light trucks.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be required to handle heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in bending, crouching, and kneeling positions.
- The candidate will be expected to manage a large workload.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate must have excellent hand eye coordination.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.