1009392BCLTD based in Salmon Arm, BC is looking suitable applicants for the position of Meat-packing Plant Labourer who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. Rocana is a premium provider of Canadian-raised pork products with a reputation for producing the highest quality pork with the industry’s longest shelf life. We only accept hogs from a few farms that adhere to strict guidelines and do not feed any animal byproducts. We can trace our products from farm to plate, ensuring the security and safety of Rocana’s products for our customers. Our dedicated pork processing facility, which opened in 2006, is centrally located in Salmon Arm, halfway between Vancouver and Calgary.
From the production and storage facilities to the cutting-edge refrigeration and sanitation systems, safety, efficiency, and quality have all been built in. We provide full carcasses, a wide variety of standard cuts, offal, and custom kills as needed. Our competitive advantage is that we ship the majority of our products fresh, with frozen options available based on customer needs. We can also provide a variety of packaging options, ranging from individual cryovac packs to bulk combo bins. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Full time or Permanent employment. The selected candidate must be available to work throughout the day shift
Employer Name: 1009392BCLTD
Position: Meat-packing Plant Labourer
No. of vacancies: 2
Salary: $18.00 to $28.00 hourly for 40 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Salmon Arm, BC
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma .
- Previous experience is not mandatory.
- The candidate should be punctual.
- The candidate should be accountable.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should have a thorough Criminal record check.
- The candidate should be organized and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should have excellent oral and written communication.
- The candidate should be a good team player with enough interpersonal and judge-mental skills.
- The candidate should be energetic with a positive attitude
- The candidate should have strong problem-solving skills.
- The candidate must have the ability to make decisions quickly and confidently based on company policies and practices.
- The candidate should have excellent customer service skills.
- The candidate should be Customer-oriented and friendly.
- The candidate should have good physical and healthy state to perform all tasks quickly, effectively, and efficiently.
- The candidate should have excellent time management skills and have strong organizational skills.
- The candidate should be able to adhere to all relevant food safety standards.
- The candidate must be able to demonstrate initiative and work independently without supervision.
- The candidate should give importance to values and ethics.
- The candidate should be able to maintain focus on cyclical tasks.
- The candidate should have the ability to work quickly without compromising quality.
- The candidate must adhere to all hygiene regulations.
- The candidate must be physically capable of handling the job’s physical demands.
- The candidate should be well-versed in food allergies and foodborne illnesses.
- The candidate must be able to handle weight up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- The candidate should be accurate.
- The candidate must remove filled containers from conveyors.
- The candidate will be responsible for feeding and unloading processing machines.
- The candidate will be responsible for feeding flattened boxes into forming machines in order to construct containers.
- The candidate will be expected to clean machines and surrounding work areas.
- The candidate must inspect products and packaging for basic quality defects.
- The candidate will be expected to assist process control and machine operators in carrying out their responsibilities.
- The candidate will be required to transport raw materials, finished products and packaging materials
- The candidate must measure and dump ingredients into the hoppers of mixing and grinding machines.
- The candidate will be responsible for inspecting stock for bones, sinews, and fatty tissue.
- The candidate will be tasked with weighing and cutting meat to meet the needs of the client.
- The candidate will be expected to wrap and pack meat products in accordance with company guidelines.
- The candidate will be expected to collaborate with the storage management department to ensure that all products are properly stored.
- The candidate must ensure that all orders are complete and accurately documented.
- The candidate will be expected to follow and implement the company’s health and safety policies.
- At the end of each shift, the candidate will be required to sanitise all materials and machinery parts and clean the workspace at the worker station in accordance with company cleanliness standards.
- The candidate will be expected to understand written instructions and recipes from the company when putting together ingredients and starting a new batch of products.
- The candidate will be expected to keep track of stock levels and communicate with purchasers.
- The candidate will be expected to monitor and maintain safety standards, paying special attention to machinery and electrical equipment.
- The candidate must maintain a high level of personal and workplace hygiene.
- The candidate will be responsible for ensuring that ingredients are properly tagged, date-labeled, covered, stored, and rotated.
- The candidate will be in charge of monitoring food levels and refilling supplies in a timely manner.
- The candidate should be well-versed in state health and hygiene regulations governing food handling and preparation.
- The candidate will be expected to manage inventory, keep sales records, and determine the quantity, product line, and freshness of products in accordance with company and customer requirements.
- The candidate will be required to work in Meat processing and/or packing plant/establishment
Work Site Environment
- The candidate will be required to work in wet or damp, and hot or cold environments.
- The candidate will be required to work in an environment with a high concentration of odours.
- The work site environment is noisy, and the candidate must be able to work with complete concentration even in such conditions.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- The candidate must be able to work well in a fast-paced environment
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate must have excellent hand eye coordination
- The candidate should be required to handling heavy loads as part of routine work
- The candidate should be willing to work for long hours in bending, crouching and kneeling positions
- The candidate should be willing to work in standing position for long hours.
- The candidate should be prepared for doing physically challenging tasks as part of daily work.
- The candidate must perform manual dexterity tasks.
- The candidate should ready to work overtime if needed.
- Under Health benefits, the selected candidate would get Health care plan
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
250-833-1060 Between 07:00 AM and 04:00 PM