Oyate Tipi Cumini Yape based in Winnipeg, MB is inviting is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Manager, Warehouse who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. Oyate Tipi acknowledges that we are gathered on ancestral lands, Treaty 1 territory, traditional territory of the Anishinaabe, Cree, Oji-Cree, Dakota, and Dene Peoples, and on the homeland of the Métis Nation.
Oyate Tipi also provides a venue for generous people within Winnipeg to donate their gently used furniture and household items to be reused, refurbished, and upcycled. In doing so, thousands of pounds of household goods are diverted from our landfills thus relieving the burden of our waste on Mother Earth. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The candidate will be required to work during day shift.
Employer Name: Oyate Tipi Cumini Yape
Position: Manager, Warehouse
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $20.00 hourly for 40 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Winnipeg, MB
- The candidate would be in charge of contract administration for the provision of supplies and services.
- The candidate will be responsible for planning, organising, directing, controlling, and evaluating the operations of commercial, transportation, and recreational facilities, as well as the included real estate.
- The candidate will be required to plan, organize and direct administrative services such as signage, cleaning, maintenance, parking, safety inspections, security and snow removal.
- The candidate would be in charge of supervising the installation, maintenance, and repair of real estate infrastructures such as machinery, equipment, and electrical and mechanical systems.
- The candidate will be responsible for budgeting and managing the facility’s operations.
- The candidate will be expected to prepare or supervise the preparation of reports and statistics pertaining to the areas of responsibility.
- The candidate would be in charge of developing and implementing safety inspection and preventive maintenance schedules and procedures.
- The candidate would be in charge of hiring, training, and supervising employees.
- The candidate will be responsible for enforcing all company policies and procedures.
- The candidate must pay close attention to detail and focus on each job.
- The candidate will be required to communicate with drivers to ensure efficient delivery of products.
- The candidate will be required to manage customer service requests promptly and resolve issues quickly
- The candidate will be responsible for reviewing and preparing workflow, manning and space requirements, equipment layout, and action plans while ensuring productivity, quality and customer service standards are met.
- The candidate will be required to schedule and oversee warehouse team to meet the demands of the fulfillment center, and manage the flow and quality of work to maximize efficiency and minimize overtime
- The candidate will be responsible for receiving feedback and monitoring the quality of services provided.
- The candidate must protect warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- The candidate will be expected to meet financial goals by developing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, and analysing variances.
- The candidate will be responsible for fulfilling warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees.
- The candidate will be expected to boost employee performance by coaching, counselling, and disciplining them.
- The candidate should know English
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of Secondary (high) school graduation certificate or equivalent experience
- The ideal candidate should have a minimum 3 to 5 years of working experience in similar industry.
- The candidate should have excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- The candidate should have strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- The candidate should be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- The candidate should be organized and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should give importance to values and ethics.
- The candidate should have excellent oral and written communication.
- The candidate should be punctual.
- The candidate should be a good team player with enough interpersonal and judge-mental skills.
- The candidate must be capable of interpreting, adapting, and applying policies and procedures.
- The candidate must be able to take the initiative and solve problems quickly and efficiently.
- The candidate should be accountable.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should have excellent customer service skills.
- The candidate should have leadership skills to take control of a situation and make quick decisions when necessary
- The candidate would be in charge of handling confidential information.
- The candidate should have a creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements
- The candidate should be Customer-oriented and friendly.
- The candidate should have a thorough Criminal record check.
- The candidate must have valid driver’s licence.
Business Equipment and Computer Applications
- The candidate having hands on experience in Spreadsheet, Electronic scheduler and Electronic Mail is an added advantage
- The candidate should be proficient in Microsoft Word, Windows, Excel, Office, PowerPoint, Publisher and Outlook
- The candidate should have thorough knowledge in Word processing software, Database software, Inventory control software, Business management software and Monitoring and tracking software
- The candidate will be required to work in Warehouse.
Security and Safety
- The candidate should be bondable and easily communicate.
- The candidate needs to check validity of driver’s driving licence
- The candidate needs to check the past driving record of drivers working in the warehouse
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- This is a fast-paced environment.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate should be prepared for doing physically challenging tasks as part of daily work.
- The candidate should be required to handling heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate must finished the work with in the given time line.
- The candidate should ready to work overtime if needed.
Work Location Information
- The candidate will be required to work in Urban area.
- The selected candidates would be provided health and other long term benefits.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidates would get Health care plan, Disability benefits, Dental plan, Vision care benefits and Paramedical services coverage.
- Under Long Term Benefits, the selected candidates would get Group insurance benefits, Pension plan, Registered retirement savings plan (RRSP) and Long-term care insurance.
- In addition to the above mentioned health and long term benefits the selected candidates would get few other benefits in the form of free parking space, team building opportunities and Wellness program
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
Please include the following while sending the application
- Cover letter