STEFANO’S INC. based in Saint John, NB is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Long haul truck driver who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Weekend, Overtime, On Call and Flexible Hours.
Employer Name: STEFANO’S INC.
Position: Long haul truck driver
No. of vacancies: 2
Salary: $25.00 hourly for 40 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Saint John, NB
- The candidate will be expected to plan travel, related itineraries, and make reservations.
- The candidate must drive as part of a two-person team or convoy.
- The candidate must load and unload goods.
- The candidate must obtain special permits and other documents required for international cargo transport.
- The candidate must operate and drive straight or articulated trucks in order to transport goods and materials.
- The candidate will be responsible for overseeing condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and other equipment.
- The candidate will be required to perform brake adjustments.
- The candidate will be required to perform roadside emergency repairs.
- The candidate will be expected to perform pre-trip, en route, and post-trip inspections as well as oversee all vehicle aspects.
- The candidate will be expected to perform preventive maintenance.
- The candidate will be responsible for receiving and relaying information to central dispatch.
- The candidate will be responsible for recording cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption.
- The candidate will be responsible for tarping and ensuring cargo safety and security.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of Secondary (high) school graduation certificate.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 7 months to less than 1 year of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate must have an AZ class licence.
Experience and Specialization
- The candidate should be knowledgeable about Accident or incident reports, Driver logbook, Inspection report (pre-trip, en-route, post-trip), Maintenance and repair reports and Trans-border documentation.
Type of Trucking and Equipment
- The trucking and equipment type is Tractor-trailer A train.
- The candidate should have prior experience running long-distance trips.
- The candidate must have a valid driver’s licence.
- The candidate must be willing to travel across borders.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.