Coastal Pacific Xpress based in 5355 152 St #105, Surrey, BC V3S 5A5 is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Long haul truck driver who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Overtime and Morning.
Employer Name: Coastal Pacific Xpress
Position: Long haul truck driver
No. of vacancies: 10
Salary: $27.00 to $32.00 hourly for 40 to 60 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: 5355 152 St #105, Surrey, BC V3S 5A5
Type of Trucking and Equipment: Tractor-trailer
- The candidate will be expected to perform preventive maintenance.
- The candidate will be required to adjust brakes.
- The candidate will be required to load and unload goods.
- The candidate will be in charge of receiving and relaying information to central dispatch.
- The candidate will be in charge of transport goods and materials by operating and driving straight or articulated trucks.
- The candidate will be in charge of tarping and ensuring cargo safety and security.
- The candidate must drive as part of a two-person team or convoy.
- The candidate will be responsible for overseeing condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and other equipment.
- The candidate will be responsible for recording cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption.
- The candidate will be responsible for pre-trip, en route, and post-trip vehicle inspections, as well as overseeing all aspects of the vehicle.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- Previous experience is not mandatory.
- The candidate must have a Class 1 or A driver’s licence and an Air Brake (Z) Endorsement Certificate.
- The candidate should be organised and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should be a good team player with enough interpersonal and judge-mental skills.
- The candidate should have excellent oral and written communication.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate must be able to handle weight up to 23 kg (50 lbs).
- The candidate should have strong documentation knowledge in Accident or incident reports, Trip reports, Maintenance and repair reports, Inspection report (pre-trip, en-route, post-trip) and Driver logbook.
Communication Systems Experience
- The candidate should be proficient in Operating GPS (Global Positioning System) and other navigation equipment.
- The candidate should be well-versed in the use of Trip recorder (on-board computer).
Security and Safety
- The candidate should have clean driving record with no at-fault accidents or traffic citations.
- The candidate should undergo a thorough medical examination, drug test, and criminal record check.
- The candidate must have a basic level of security clearance.
- The candidate must have a valid passport.
- The candidate must have their own steel-toed safety boots and hard hat.
- The candidate should be willing to travel cross-border.
- The candidate should be willing to travel for extended periods.
- The candidate should be willing to travel overnight.
- The candidate should have valid driver’s licence.
- The candidate should be willing to travel internationally.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be prepared for doing physically challenging tasks as part of daily work.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate should be willing to work for long hours in sitting position
- The candidate should ready to work overtime if needed.
Work Location Information
- The candidate will be required to work in various locations.
- The candidate should have experience in running Long-haul trips.
- The candidate should have good knowledge about Regional, National, Local, International and Provincial/territorial regions.
- Health and other benefits will be provided to the selected candidate.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Health care plan and Dental plan.
- In addition to the health benefits mentioned above, the selected candidate will be provided with free parking.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
Please include the following while sending the application
- Cover letter