THE STOUT MONK based in Oakville, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Kitchen helper who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Evening, Weekend and Morning.
Employer Name: THE STOUT MONK
Position: Kitchen helper
No. of vacancies: 3
Salary: $17.00 hourly / 35 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Oakville, ON
- The candidate will be responsible for bringing clean dishes, flatware, and other items to serving areas as well as setting tables.
- The candidate must clear and clean tables, trays, and chairs.
- The candidate will be required to hand-sanitize and wash dishes and other items.
- The candidate must clean pots and pans.
- The candidate will be responsible for keeping track of the food quantities consumed.
- The candidate will be responsible for packaging take-out food.
- The candidate must portion and wrap foods.
- The candidate must prepare, heat, and finish simple food items.
- The candidate will be required to serve customers at counters or buffet tables.
- The candidate will be expected to stock refrigerators and salad bars.
- The candidate will be required to take orders from customers.
- The candidate must clean, peel, slice, and trim foods using both manual and electrical appliances.
- The candidate must clean and sanitise the kitchen, including work surfaces, cabinets, storage areas, appliances, and equipment.
- The candidate must be capable of handling and storing cleaning products.
- The candidate will be responsible for receiving, unpacking and storing supplies in refrigerators, freezers, cupboards and other storage areas.
- The candidate will be responsible for removing kitchen garbage and trash regularly.
- The candidate must sharpen kitchen knives.
- The candidate will be responsible for sweeping, mopping, washing and polishing floors.
- The candidate will be responsible for washing, peeling and cutting vegetables and fruits.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of Secondary (high) school graduation certificate.
- Training will be provided to the selected candidate.
- The candidate must be able to lift weights of up to 9 kg (20 lbs) and 13.5 kg (30 lbs).
- The candidate should be a good team player.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
- Under Long Term Benefits, the selected candidate will receive additional benefits.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.