Ducharme Brothers Design based in Winnipeg, MB is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Industrial Sewing Machine Operator who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. Ducharme Bros. Design Ltd Furniture Framing was founded by two brothers. We’ve been in the furniture business for over 35 years. We began by building hardwood frames for local furniture companies and quickly expanded to building Cad Design frames. We can make furniture frames out of photographs.
We build the frames out of the best wood available for decking, then fill in the gaps with springs, webbing, upholstery, cotton, and HR Nimbus Foam. Each piece we sell is handcrafted and upholstered by a single craftsman, not on an assembly line. Many painstaking steps are performed by hand, from the frame to the springs, padding to the upholstering. The final durability and beauty of your upholstered furniture are determined by the quality built into each step. Custom Crating and Packaging Division began in 2006. To keep your cargo from rubbing against the wood, all of our crates can be custom fitted with Styrofoam.
We expanded our framing furniture offering to include full upholstery services in 2008. Our Full Upholstery Service has expanded to provide the best custom built furniture, draperies, spring tied webbing added, frame regluing, wood touch up, restyling, rebuilding, arm cops, throw pillows, new cushions (foam, down, sprints), antiques refurbished, upholstered, new padding added, fabric scotchguarded, and professional tailoring. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment and Part time job. The selected candidates will be required to work during day shift.
Employer Name: Ducharme Brothers Design
Position: Industrial Sewing Machine Operator
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $16.00 to $18.00 hourly for 35 to 40 hours bi-weekly
Employment type: Permanent employment, Part time
Location: Winnipeg, MB
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- The ideal candidate should have a minimum 2 to 3 years of working experience in similar industry.
- The candidate should have a thorough criminal record check.
- The candidate should be organized and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should give importance to values and ethics.
- The candidate should be punctual.
- The candidate should be accountable.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should have excellent customer service skills.
- The candidate should have the ability to work quickly without compromising quality
- The candidate should be a good team player with enough interpersonal and judge-mental skills.
- The candidate should be client focused.
- The candidate should be able to work in a safe and efficient manner with little supervision.
- The candidate should be able to follow oral and written instruction
- The candidate should have good physical and healthy state to perform all tasks quickly, effectively, and efficiently.
- The candidate should have excellent design skills.
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be prepared for doing physically challenging tasks as part of daily work.
- The candidate should be required to handling heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate should be willing to work sitting position for extended periods.
- The candidate must finished the work with in the given time line.
- The candidate should ready to work overtime if needed.
- The candidate must perform manual dexterity tasks.
- The candidate should have excellent organizational and time management skills.
- The candidate should be familiar with sewing machine mechanics.
- The candidate should be able to create, read, and follow patterns.
- The candidate should have excellent eyesight or be able to use corrective measures.
- The ideal candidate will be creative and thoughtful.
- The candidate must have excellent hand eye coordination.
- The candidate should be well-versed in quality control analysis.
- The candidate must have incredible multitasking abilities
- The candidate should have strong critical thinking skills.
- The candidate should be able to make sound decisions.
- The candidate will be required to perform minor maintenance on sewing machines.
- The candidate will be required to report any machine malfunctions to management.
- The candidate must promote personal hygiene by keeping the production area and workstation clean and organised.
- The candidate must follow the company’s safety rules, directions, and procedures.
- The candidate will be in charge of sewing or assembly as well as product inspection.
- The candidate must prepare the machine by changing needles and thread, oiling and changing the bobbin, and securing attachments.
- The candidate must sew materials together by guiding the material under the machine needle.
- The candidate will be expected to perform the various hand tasks required to sew products, such as turning the material to hem, joining pieces, and repairing defective products.
- The candidate will be in charge of ensuring that finished products are of high quality.
- The candidate must accurately record the materials used, maintenance performed, and number of pieces completed during each shift, while keeping each of these metrics within target ranges.
- The candidate will be expected to measure materials for production accuracy.
- The candidate will be required to clean sewing machines on a regular basis in order to keep them from becoming rusted or damaged.
- The candidate will be required to inspect equipment, structures, and production materials to determine the cause of production errors and other defects that may occur.
- When production materials are in short supply, the candidate will be required to place an order for them.
- The candidate should be able to foster a positive work environment.
- The ideal candidate will be able to work well with a varied group of people.
- The candidate must pursue continuous improvement in order to improve the efficiency of job duties and work flow.
- The candidate must have aptitude and a willingness to learn.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
935 Henry AVE suite B
R3E 3L3 Between 08:00 AM and 03:00 AM
204-783-7228 Between 07:00 AM and 03:30 AM