Deacons Corner based in Vancouver, BC is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Host/hostess, restaurant who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Evening, Weekend, Overtime and Morning. The position of Host/hostess, restaurant has been approved by the LMIA (Labour Market Impact Assessment).
Employer Name: Deacons Corner
Position: Host/hostess, restaurant
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $17.25 hourly / 40 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Vancouver, BC
- The candidate will be responsible for training and supervising employees.
- The candidate will be expected to communicate with both chefs and customers.
- The candidate will be expected to inspect dining rooms and other areas where food and beverages are served.
- The candidate will be expected to respond to customer complaints or concerns.
- The candidate will be expected to respond to customer inquiries about menu items and preparation methods.
- The candidate must assist clients/guests with special needs.
- The candidate must attend to seating arrangements for large groups.
- The candidate will be expected to greet customers.
- The candidate will be responsible for taking customer reservations and assigning tables.
- The candidate will be expected to accept payments from customers.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of Secondary (high) school graduation certificate.
- Candidate having experience is an asset.
- The candidate should be client focused.
- The candidate should have effective interpersonal skills.
- The candidate should be organised and flexible in nature.
- The candidate must be capable of acting on their own initiative.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
- The candidate must work in a restaurant.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in sitting, standing, and walking positions.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
101 Main street