Group home worker
Colchester Residential Services Society based in Truro, NS is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Group home worker who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Casual employment or Part time job. The shift timings include Day, Evening, Weekend, Shift and Flexible Hours.
Employer Name: Colchester Residential Services Society
Position: Group home worker
No. of vacancies: 10
Salary: $18.00 hourly for 15 to 48 hours per week
Employment type: Casual employment, Part time
Location: Truro, NS
- The candidate will be expected to gather information and write reports or case studies.
- The candidate will be in charge of housekeeping duties.
- The candidate will be in charge of food preparation.
- The candidate will be expected to resolve conflict situations.
- The candidate must supervise the activities of clients living in group homes and halfway houses.
- The candidate must assist clients/guests with special needs.
- The candidate must accompany clients to appointments and social outings.
- The candidate will be expected to provide personal care.
- The candidate will be required to administer medications.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of Secondary (high) school graduation certificate.
- Training will be provided to the selected candidate.
- The candidate must have a Nonviolent Crisis Intervention (NVCI) Certificate, a First Aid Certificate, and a CPR Certificate.
- The candidate should be client focused.
- The candidate must be flexible.
- The candidate must be capable of acting on their own initiative.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
Work site environment
- The working environment includes engaging with programs dealing with Autism Spectrum Disorder
- The candidate will be required to work in a group home.
Experience and specialization
- The candidate will be in charge of caring for people with intellectual disabilities, people with mental health disabilities, and people with physical disabilities.
Security and safety
- The candidate should be subjected to a thorough criminal background check as well as a Child Abuse Registry check.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.