Buy-Low Foods based in 530 Fifth Street, Nanaimo, BC V9R 1P1 is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Grocery clerk who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Part time job. The shift timings include Day, Evening, Weekend, Flexible Hours and Morning.
Employer Name: Buy-Low Foods
Position: Grocery clerk
No. of vacancies: 2
Salary: $15.65 to $17.00 hourly for 8 to 30 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Part time
Location: 530 Fifth Street, Nanaimo, BC V9R 1P1
- The candidate will be required to obtain items from a shelf or stockroom for customers.
- The candidate will be expected to direct customers to the location of the desired articles.
- The candidate must unpack products received from the store and count, weigh, or sort items.
- The candidate will be responsible for stocking shelves and displaying items.
- The candidate must keep the stock clean and in order.
- The candidate will be expected to price items using a stamp or stickers in accordance with the price list.
- The candidate will be required to provide excellent customer service.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate must have a secondary (high) school diploma or equivalent experience.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 1 to less than 7 months of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate must be able to handle weight up to 23 kg (50 lbs).
- The candidate should be flexible.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
- The candidate will be required to work in a supermarket/grocery store.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- The candidate must be able to work well in a fast-paced environment.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be required to handle heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in sitting, standing, and walking positions.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- The candidate must be willing to walk for long periods of time.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in bending, crouching, and kneeling positions.
- Under Long Term Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Other benefits as well as a Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP).
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
Please include the following while sending the application
- Cover letter