Fonderie BSL inc. based in 664 chemin Ste-Odile, Rimouski, QC G5N 1X3 is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Grinder-deburrer who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. BSL Casting has a large clientele throughout North America. We have been supplying high-quality steel parts and alloys to companies in a variety of manufacturing sectors since 2008. Our quality reputation is as strong as the parts we manufacture. You can rely on our team to produce your steel parts.
We have grown significantly since our inception, and we now have a solid team capable of meeting the expectations of the most demanding clients and the most ambitious projects. For regular orders or urgent requests, we manufacture parts in steel and alloys (stainless steel, manganese, refractory, white chromium, white high-chromium iron, and nickel cast), as well as prototyping parts. BSL Casting manufactures castings that meet the highest industry standards. All of our alloys adhere to ASTM standards in order to provide you with high-quality parts at reasonable prices. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day and Overtime 07:30 to 17:00
Employer Name: Fonderie BSL inc.
No. of vacancies: 5
Salary: $20.00 to $22.00 hourly for 40 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: 664 chemin Ste-Odile, Rimouski, QC G5N 1X3
- The candidate will be required to cut, grind or chip excess metal from metal products using hand tools.
- The candidate will be expected to keep the area organised and clutter-free.
- When a problem is discovered, the candidate must stop any machines and make the necessary adjustments as soon as possible to minimise downtime.
- The candidate will be responsible for ensuring that grinding wheels are dressed according to specifications so that the machines continue to operate at peak efficiency.
- The candidate will be responsible for quality control by inspecting workpieces as they exit the equipment and removing any defective pieces.
- To ensure high-quality products, the candidate will be required to operate machinery, including polishing and grinding equipment, to grind any metal workpieces to their prescribed specifications.
- The candidate will be required to finish products by hand with hand tools, ensuring that the surfaces are filed or finished properly.
- The candidate will be responsible for keeping all equipment operational by inspecting and performing basic maintenance, such as lubrication and cleaning, as well as scheduling repairs as needed.
- The candidate will be required to read and interpret work orders.
- The candidate will be required to polish metal products to mirror finish
- The candidate will be required to immerse metal products in cleaning solutions
- The candidate will be required to load and unload vehicles using hand truck or dolly
- The candidate will be required to follow instructions from supervisors to perform manual labor tasks
- The candidate will be required to align parts to be joined using hand tools and measuring instrument.
- The candidate will be expected to follow state and company safety regulations.
- The candidate will be required to notify supervisor of quality and tolerance issues.
- The candidate will be required to perform setups and adjustments to ensure proper part alignment.
- The candidate will be required to perform other duties as assigned.
- The candidate should be fluent in French language.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma .
- Previous experience is not mandatory.
- The candidate should have good interpersonal and judge-mental skills.
- The candidate should be organized and flexible in nature and have the ability to adapt to change.
- The candidate should be punctual.
- The candidate should be dependable.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be optimistic.
- The candidate should be confident.
- The candidate should give importance to values and ethics.
- The candidate should have a thorough Criminal record check.
- The candidate should have good physical and healthy state to perform all tasks quickly, effectively, and efficiently.
- The candidate should have excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- The candidate should have strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- The candidate should be energetic with a positive attitude
- The candidate should be well-versed in machinery and equipment maintenance.
- The candidate must have excellent oral and verbal communication skills.
- To control hazards, the candidate must be able to follow equipment safety rules and use safe work practises.
- The candidate must wear appropriate personal protective equipment, such as safety glasses and earplugs, due to flying material bits and machine noise.
- The candidate must be willing to learn and recognise inventory of used parts.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should have good hand eye coordination.
- The candidate should be willing to work in standing position for long hours.
- The candidate should be willing to work for long hours in bending, crouching and kneeling positions.
- The candidate should ready to work overtime if needed.
- The candidate should be prepared for doing physically challenging tasks as part of daily work.
- The candidate must perform manual dexterity tasks.
- Under Long term benefits, the selected candidates would get many other benefits.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
664 chemin Ste-Odile
664 chemin Ste-Odile
G5N 1X3 Between 08:00 AM and 05:00 PM
418-725-5543 extension 221 Between 08:00 AM and 05:00 PM