NGFM Proulx Inc. based in Cumberland, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of General farm worker who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Seasonal employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Overtime, Flexible Hours, Early Morning and Morning. The position of General farm worker has been approved by the LMIA (Labour Market Impact Assessment).
Employer Name: NGFM Proulx Inc.
Position: General farm worker
No. of vacancies: 7
Salary: $15.50 hourly for 40 to 60 hours per week
Employment type: Seasonal employment, Full time
Location: Cumberland, ON
- The candidate will be in charge of cleaning the crop.
- The candidate will be in charge of harvesting vegetables by hand.
- The candidate will be expected to plant, cultivate, and irrigate crops.
- The candidate will be in charge of harvesting crops.
- The candidate must operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment.
- The candidate should be fluent in English or French languages.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- Training will be provided to the selected candidate.
Work Site Environment
- The type of farm operation is fruit and vegetable combination farming.
- The candidate will be required to work long hours in an outdoor environment.
- The candidate must be able to work in wet/damp, dusty, hot, and cold/refrigerated conditions.
- The work site environment is noisy, and the candidate must be able to work with complete concentration even in such conditions.
Experience and Specialization
Type of Crops
- Crops include bell peppers, blueberries, carrots, cauliflowers, cucumbers, onions, raspberries, seed corn, strawberries, sweet corn, tomatoes, and zucchini.
Equipment and machinery experience
- The candidate must have prior experience with a farm truck, a fruit harvester, haying equipment, planting equipment, a tractor, and a vegetable harvester.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
- The candidate must finished the work with in the given time line.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be required to handle heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate must have excellent hand eye coordination.
- The candidate must be able to distinguish between colours.
- The candidate should be willing to work for long hours in sitting positions.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in sitting, standing, and walking positions.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- The candidate must be willing to walk for long periods of time.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in bending, crouching, and kneeling positions.
- The candidate should be willing to work overtime if necessary.
- The candidate has access to free parking.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.