George’s Brook Fur Farm Inc based in Clarenville, NL is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of General farm worker who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Seasonal employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Weekend, Early Morning and Morning.
Employer Name: George’s Brook Fur Farm Inc
Position: General farm worker
No. of vacancies: 2
Salary: $13.25 to $14.00 hourly for 40 to 50 hours per week
Employment type: Seasonal employment, Full time
Location: Clarenville, NL
- The candidate will be expected to monitor animal health.
- The candidate will be in charge of harvesting crops.
- The candidate will be expected to feed and care for animals.
- The candidate must operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment.
- The candidate must clean stables, barns, barnyards, and pens.
- The candidate must detect disease and health issues in crops, livestock, and poultry.
- The candidate will be required to install and monitor water lines, air flow, and temperature in barns, pens, and chicken coops.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- Candidate having experience is an asset.
- The candidate should have effective interpersonal skills.
- The candidate should be organised and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should have good judgemental skills.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
Work Site Environment
- The type of farm operation is other miscellaneous animal farming.
- The candidate will be required to work long hours in an outdoor environment.
- The candidate must work in an environment with a high concentration of odours.
- The candidate must be able to work in wet/damp, dusty, hot, and cold/refrigerated conditions.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a rural area.
Experience and Specialization
Equipment and Machinery Experience
- The candidate must have prior experience operating a farm truck and tractor.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be required to handle heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate must have excellent hand eye coordination.
- The candidate must be able to recognise similarities and differences between sounds.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in sitting, standing, and walking positions.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- The candidate must be willing to walk for long periods of time.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in bending, crouching, and kneeling positions.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Dental plan and Health care plan.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
Please include the following while sending the application
- References attesting experience