KALWOOD FARMS LTD. based in 16012 OYAMA RD, Winfield, BC V4V 2E4 is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Fruit picker who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Seasonal employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Weekend, Early Morning, Morning and (04:00 to 12:00).
Employer Name: KALWOOD FARMS LTD.
Position: Fruit picker
No. of vacancies: 25
Salary: $.28 commission per piece
Employment type: Seasonal employment, Full time
Location: 16012 OYAMA RD, Winfield, BC V4V 2E4
- The candidate will be required to pick row and orchard crops.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 1 to less than 7 months of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate must be able to handle weight up to 13.5 kg (30 lbs).
- The candidate should have effective interpersonal skills.
- The candidate should be flexible.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
Work Site Environment
- The candidate will be required to work long hours in an outdoor environment.
- The candidate must be able to work at heights
- The candidate must be able to work in hot conditions.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a rural area.
- Accommodations will be provided for the candidate.
Experience and Specialization
Type of Crops
- Crops include cherries and orchard fruit.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate must perform manual dexterity tasks.
- The candidate must have excellent hand eye coordination.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in bending, crouching, and kneeling positions.
- The candidate should be willing to work overtime if necessary.
- Financial and Other benefits will be provided to the selected candidate.
- Under Financial benefits, the selected candidate will be paid a fixed piece rate for each unit produced or action performed, regardless of time.
- In addition to the financial benefits mentioned above, the selected candidate will receive free parking and on-site housing options.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.