Fruit farm labourer
Indian Garden Farms based in Hebbville, NS is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Fruit farm labourer who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Seasonal employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Evening, Weekend, Shift and Morning.
Employer Name: Indian Garden Farms
Position: Fruit farm labourer
No. of vacancies: 5
Salary: $13.60 hourly for 32 hours per week
Employment type: Seasonal employment, Full time
Location: Hebbville, NS
- The candidate will be expected to plant, cultivate, and irrigate crops.
- The candidate will be responsible for fertilising and spraying crops.
- The candidate will be in charge of harvesting crops.
- The candidate will be responsible for sorting and packing fruits and vegetables.
- The candidate will be required to pick row and orchard crops.
- The candidate must perform general farm duties.
- The candidate must perform general labour duties.
- The candidate must load, unload, and transfer crates, supplies, farm produce, livestock, and poultry.
- The candidate will be expected to clean the work area.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- Training will be provided to the selected candidate.
- The candidate must be able to handle weight up to 23 kg (50 lbs).
- The candidate should be a good team player.
- The candidate must have a positive attitude.
Work Site Environment
- The candidate will be required to work long hours in an outdoor environment.
- The candidate must be able to work in wet/damp, dusty, hot, and cold/refrigerated conditions.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a rural area.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be required to handle heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in bending, crouching, and kneeling positions.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.