Canning Village Meat Market Inc. based in Kingsport, NS is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Food processing labourer who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Weekend, On Call, Early Morning, Morning and 07:00 to 15:00.
Employer Name: Canning Village Meat Market Inc.
Position: Food processing labourer
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $18.00 to $20.00 hourly for 35 hours per 35 to 40 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Kingsport, NS
- The candidate must be knowledgeable about food safety and handling.
- The candidate must transport raw materials, finished goods, and packaging materials.
- The candidate must measure and dump ingredients into the hoppers of mixing and grinding machines.
- The candidate must provide excellent customer service.
- The candidate will be required to manually pack goods into bags, boxes, or other containers.
- The candidate will be responsible for feeding and unloading processing machines.
- The candidate will be expected to clean machines and surrounding work areas.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 1 to less than 7 months of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate must have a Food Safety Certificate as well as a Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate.
- The candidate must be able to handle weight up to 23 kg (50 lbs).
- The candidate should be client focused.
- The candidate should have effective interpersonal skills.
- The candidate must be flexible.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
Work site environment
- The candidate must work in an environment with a high concentration of odours.
- The candidate must be able to work in hot, cold/refrigerated and wet/damp conditions.
- The candidate will be required to work in a meat processing and/or packing plant/establishment.
Security and safety
- The candidate’s driving record should be thoroughly investigated (abstract).
- The candidate must have their own transportation.
- The candidate must have their own vehicle.
- The candidate does not have access to public transportation.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate must perform manual dexterity tasks.
- The candidate must have excellent hand eye coordination.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in bending, crouching, and kneeling positions.
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be required to handle heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate should be willing to work overtime if necessary.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
- The candidate must have their own steel-toed safety boots.
- Health and Long term benefits will be provided to the selected candidate.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Dental plan, Health care plan and Vision care benefits.
- Under Long Term Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Life insurance.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
9820 Main Street, PO Box 517
9820 Main Street, PO Box 517
Between 11:30 AM and 03:00 PM