Croway Inc. based in 32 Topple Drive, Dartmouth, NS B3B 1L6 is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Flatbed truck driver who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Weekend and Flexible Hours.
Employer Name: Croway Inc.
Position: Flatbed truck driver
No. of vacancies: 3
Salary: $50,000 to $70,000 annually for 45 to 60 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: 32 Topple Drive, Dartmouth, NS B3B 1L6
- The candidate must maintain professionalism in customer service.
- The candidate will be expected to load and unload cargo.
- The candidate must operate and drive straight or articulated trucks in order to transport goods and materials.
- The candidate will be expected to perform pre-trip, en route, and post-trip inspections as well as oversee all vehicle aspects.
- The candidate must document cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled, and fuel consumption.
- The candidate will be responsible for tarping and ensuring cargo safety and security.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 2 to 3 years of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate must have a valid driver’s licence (Class 1 or A).
- The candidate must be able to handle weight up to 45 kg (100 lbs).
- The candidate should have excellent oral and written communication.
- The candidate should be flexible.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate will be required to work in various locations.
Experience and Specialization
- The candidate should be well-versed in accident or incident reports, bill of lading, dangerous goods occurrence reports, driver logbook, inspection reports (pre-trip, en-route, and post-trip), maintenance and repair reports, trans-border documentation and trip reports.
Type of Trucking and Equipment
- The trucking and equipment types are flatbed and tractor-trailer.
Communication Systems Experience
- The candidate should be proficient in Operating GPS (Global Positioning System) and other navigation equipment.
- The candidate should be well-versed in the use of Trip recorder (on-board computer) and Citizens band (CB) radio.
- The candidate should have experience in running Long-haul trips.
- The candidate should have good knowledge about International, National, Provincial or territorial and Regional regions.
Security and Safety
- The candidate must have a basic security clearance.
- The candidate should undergo a thorough criminal record check, driver’s licence validity check, driving record check (abstract), and drug test.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate should be willing to work for long hours in sitting positions.
- The candidate must have their own steel-toed safety boots.
- Health, Financial and Long term benefits will be provided to the selected candidate.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Dental plan, Health care plan and Vision care benefits.
- Under Financial benefits, the selected candidate will receive Bonus and Mileage paid.
- Under Long Term Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Group insurance benefits.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
902-830-0486 Between 12:00 AM and 12:00 AM