Shabatura Farms Ltd. based in Windham Centre, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Field-grown crop farm labourer – harvesting who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Seasonal employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Evening, Night, Weekend and Shift. The position of Field-grown crop farm labourer – harvesting has been approved by the LMIA (Labour Market Impact Assessment).
Employer Name: Shabatura Farms Ltd.
Position: Field-grown crop farm labourer – harvesting
No. of vacancies: 100
Salary: $15.00 hourly for 60 hours per week
Employment type: Seasonal employment, Full time
Location: Windham Centre, ON
- The candidate will be required to pick row and orchard crops.
- The candidate will be required to write basic progress reports on a daily basis.
- The candidate will be expected to clean the work area.
- The candidate will be responsible for sorting and packing fruits and vegetables.
- The candidate must load, unload, and transfer crates, supplies, farm produce, livestock, and poultry.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- Candidate having experience is an asset.
- The candidate must be able to handle weight up to 23 kg (50 lbs).
Work Site Environment
- The candidate will be required to work long hours in an outdoor environment.
- The candidate must be able to work in wet/damp and hot conditions.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a rural area.
Experience and Specialization
Type of Crops
- Crops include berries and vegetables.
Equipment and Machinery Experience
- The candidate must have prior experience with a fruit and vegetable harvester.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be required to handle heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate must have excellent hand eye coordination.
- The candidate must be able to distinguish between colours.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in bending, crouching, and kneeling positions.
- The candidate must have their own gloves.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.