SAMUEL EDWARDS based in La Salette, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Farm worker, vegetables who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Seasonal employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Early Morning and Morning.
Employer Name: SAMUEL EDWARDS
Position: Farm worker, vegetables
No. of vacancies: 14
Salary: $15.85 hourly / 40 to 60 hours per week
Employment type: Seasonal employment, Full time
Location: La Salette, ON
- The candidate must plant, cultivate, and irrigate crops.
- The candidate will be in charge of harvesting crops.
- The candidate must operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment.
- The candidate will be expected to inspect the product for quality and prepare it for market.
- The candidate will be required to write basic progress reports on a daily basis.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- Training will be provided to the selected candidate.
- The candidate should be organised and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
Work site environment
- The candidate will be required to work long hours in an outdoor environment.
- The candidate must be able to work in wet/damp, dusty, hot, and cold/refrigerated conditions.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a rural area.
Experience and specialization
Equipment and machinery experience
- The candidate must have prior experience operating a vegetable harvester.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be required to handle heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate must have excellent hand eye coordination.
- The candidate must be able to distinguish between colours.
- The candidate should be willing to work for long hours in sitting positions.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in sitting, standing, and walking positions.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in bending, crouching, and kneeling positions.
- The candidate should be willing to work overtime if necessary.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.