Ferme Lavigne Inc. based in 225 Concession 9, Ste-Anne-de-Prescott, ON K0B 1M0 is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Farm worker, general who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The position of Farm worker, general has been approved by the LMIA (Labour Market Impact Assessment).
Employer Name: Ferme Lavigne Inc.
Position: Farm worker, general
No. of vacancies: 2
Salary: $15.85 hourly / 40 to 50 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: 225 Concession 9, Ste-Anne-de-Prescott, ON K0B 1M0
- The candidate must be able to handle animals.
- The candidate will be responsible for animal health monitoring.
- The candidate will be required to pick stones and/or wood.
- The candidate will be in charge of weeding.
- The candidate must harvest crops.
- The candidate must feed and care for animals.
- The candidate must operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment.
- The candidate must milk cows.
- The candidate must clean stables, barns, barnyards, and pens.
- The candidate will be expected to carry out general farm duties.
- The candidate must keep track of quality control and production records.
- The candidate will be expected to keep work records and logs.
- The candidate should be fluent in English or French languages.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 1 to less than 7 months of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate should have effective interpersonal skills.
- The candidate must be flexible.
- The candidate should have good judgemental skills.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
Work site environment
- Farm operations include corn farming, hay farming, livestock combination farming, soybean farming, wheat farming, livestock and grain, oil and forage crop farming.
- The candidate will be required to work long hours in an outdoor environment.
- The candidate must work in the dairy industry.
Experience and specialization
Area of specialization
- The candidate should be knowledgeable about dairy cattle.
Security and safety
- The candidate should be subjected to a thorough criminal background check.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be required to handle heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate must have excellent hand eye coordination.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- The candidate must be willing to walk for long periods of time.
- The candidate should be willing to work overtime if necessary.
- Health and Long term benefits will be provided to the selected candidate.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Dental plan, Disability benefits, Health care plan and Paramedical services coverage.
- Under Long Term Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Life insurance.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.