Birch Hill Construction Ltd. based in Moncton, NB is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Dump Truck Driver who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. Birch Hill Construction Ltd. was founded in 1993 and has since grown to become a well-known, respected company that is proudly owned and operated in Moncton, New Brunswick. Birch Hill began with a handful of employees in 1993 and now employs over 50 full-time employees, with up to 80 seasonal employees depending on the needs of the business.
We have the ability to service our own equipment due to our knowledgeable mechanics, safely store our equipment and fleet in our highly secured compound, and efficiently conduct day-to-day business requirements from its updated, modern office. Birch Hill Construction is a member of the New Brunswick Construction Association, as well as WorkSafe New Brunswick and Nova Scotia. We are constantly researching new technologies in order to provide the most accurate and cost-effective solutions for our customers’ needs. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Evening, Flexible Hours, To be determined and Early Morning. The position of Dump Truck Driver has been approved by the LMIA.
Employer Name: Birch Hill Construction Ltd.
Position: Dump Truck Driver
No. of vacancies: 4
Salary: $21.00 hourly for 30 to 60 hours per week
Employment type: Full time, Permanent employment
Location: Moncton, NB
Type of Trucking and Equipment: Flatbed, Hydrovac, Dump truck
- The candidate will be required to inspect vehicles on a daily basis for cleanliness, mechanical items and safety issues and perform preventative maintenance.
- The candidate will be required to load and unload goods.
- The candidate will be in charge of transport goods and materials by operating and driving straight or articulated trucks.
- The candidate will be in charge of tarping and ensuring cargo safety and security.
- The candidate would be responsible for overseeing condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and other equipment.
- The candidate will be responsible for pre-trip, en route, and post-trip vehicle inspections, as well as overseeing all aspects of the vehicle.
- The candidate will be required to perform roadside emergency repairs.
- The candidate will be required to adjust brakes.
- The candidate will be in charge of receiving and relaying information to central dispatch.
- The candidate would be in charge of transporting crushed rock, sand, and gravel to and from designated locations.
- The candidate would be in charge of verifying the types of materials being transported and ensuring that weight restrictions are not exceeded.
- The candidate would be in charge of ensuring that the materials are properly loaded onto the dump truck.
- The candidate would be in charge of lubricating the dump truck every 5,000 miles.
- The candidate would be in charge of inspecting the dump truck before and after each trip, including checking the oil, gas, and water levels, as well as the lights and tyres.
- The candidate would be responsible for reporting any accidents, injuries, or mechanical faults to management as soon as possible.
- The candidate will be responsible for responsible keeping their truck, and associated equipment, clean and in good working order.
- The candidate would be in charge of keeping accurate driver logs.
- The candidate would be in charge of adhering to all safety rules and regulations.
- The candidate will be required to follow accident procedures if an accident occurs.
- The candidate will be required to drive with extreme caution.
- The candidate must document and log work/rest periods, kilometres driven, and keep fuel/toll receipts.
- The candidate must follow truck driving rules and regulations (size, weight, route designations, parking and break periods), as well as company policies and procedures.
- The candidate will be expected to obey and follow all traffic laws.
- Before driving, the candidate must ensure that any mechanical issues with the vehicle are corrected.
- The candidate would be responsible for delivering materials in a safe and professional manner on public highways, roads, in the yard area, and at various job sites.
- The candidate will be expected to deliver goods on time to the client.
- The candidate will be required to transport all fragile and heavy items carefully.
- The candidate will be required to manoeuvre and control the vehicle in a safe manner, which includes handling the vehicle on-site and in over-the-road situations, proper signalling, searching for hazards, controlling speed, lane positioning, matching speeds to road conditions (wet, dry, snow, or ice), and the ability to drive during the day and at night.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of Secondary (high) school graduation certificate or equivalent experience
- The ideal candidate should have a minimum 3 to 5 years of working experience in similar industry
- The candidate must have Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate, First Aid Certificate, Driver’s License (Class 1 or A) and Air Brakes Endorsement certificate
- The candidate should be a good team player with enough interpersonal and judge-mental skills.
- The candidate should be organized and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should be punctual.
- The candidate should be dependable.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should give importance to values and ethics.
- The candidate should have excellent customer service skills.
- The candidate should have good physical and healthy state to perform all tasks quickly, effectively, and efficiently.
- The candidate should have excellent oral communication
- The candidate should have excellent problem solving skills.
- The candidate should have excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- The candidate should have strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- The candidate should have extensive knowledge of applicable truck driving rules and regulations.
- The candidate must have clean driving record.
- The candidate must be able to handle weight up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- The candidate must be able to drive for long periods of time and travel frequently.
- The candidate must be able to concentrate for extended periods of time.
- The candidate must be adaptable and foresighted in order to deal with unexpected situations (traffic, weather conditions etc)
- The candidate must remain alert and aware of surroundings.
- The candidate necessitates a great deal of patience, especially if you are on the road for an extended period of time.
- The candidate should have a strong understanding of safety regulations, including not only traffic laws but also rules governing how often they must rest, the maximum number of miles they can drive, and so on.
- The candidate must work in a safe and efficient manner.
- The candidate should maintain a professional and courteous demeanour toward coworkers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- The candidate should have strong documentation knowledge in Accident or incident reports, Trip reports, Maintenance and repair reports, Inspection report (pre-trip, en-route, post-trip) and Driver logbook
Communication Systems Experience
- The candidate should be proficient in Operating GPS (Global Positioning System) and other navigation equipment
- The candidate should be well-versed in the use of Trip recorder (on-board computer) and Citizens band (CB) radio
Security and Safety
- The candidate should have clean driving record with no at-fault accidents or traffic citations.
- The candidate must be willing to submit to regular drug checks reports.
- The candidate should have a thorough Criminal record check.
- The candidate must have a basic level of security clearance.
- The candidate should be bondable and easily communicate.
- Candidates are required to wear steel-toed safety boots and Hard hat
- For transportation, the candidate should use their own vehicle.
- The candidate should have valid driver’s licence.
- The candidate will be required to drive manual transmission vehicle
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be required to handling heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate should be willing to work for long hours in sitting position
- The candidate should be prepared for doing physically challenging tasks as part of daily work.
- The candidate should ready to work overtime if needed.
Work Location Information
- The candidate will be required to work in various locations.
- The employer would not pay relocation cost to the selected candidates
- The candidate should have good knowledge about Local and Provincial or territorial regions.
- The candidate should have experience in running short-haul trips
- Health and long-term benefits would be provided to the selected candidates.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidates would get Health care plan, Dental plan and Vision care benefits
- Under Long Term Benefits, the selected candidates would get Pension plan
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.