Dental Laboratory Bench Worker
Pow Laboratories Inc based in Woodstock, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Dental Laboratory Bench Worker who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. Pow Laboratories Inc has been a family-owned and operated business in Woodstock, Ontario, since 1930. Our skilled technicians are committed to providing a wide range of high-quality Crown & Bridge, Implants, Removable, and Orthodontic products.
Our tradition of dedication and attention to fine artistry, fully integrated digital services and technical support, and customer-focused service ensures consistent results for you and your patient. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Full time or Permanent employment. The selected candidate will be required to work during day shift.
Employer Name: Pow Laboratories Inc
Position: Dental Laboratory Bench Worker
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $18.00 hourly for 40 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Woodstock, ON
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of Secondary (high) school graduation certificate or equivalent experience
- Previous experience is not mandatory.
- The candidate should have excellent organizational and time management skills.
- The candidate should be organized and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should give importance to values and ethics.
- The candidate should have excellent oral and written communication.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should have good interpersonal skills.
- The candidate should be punctual.
- The candidate should be authentic.
- The candidate should be a good team player with enough interpersonal and judge-mental skills.
- The candidate must be able to remain calm in a stressful situation
- The candidate must have excellent hand eye coordination.
- The candidate must read about new products, materials, and methods for making dentures or other dental devices.
- The candidate will be required to follow written directions to mix and use products.
- The candidate must be able to measure metal, plastic, and other materials in order to fabricate dentures or other dental devices.
- The candidate will be required to coordinate tasks with co-workers to complete work and meet deadlines.
- The candidate will be expected to help dental technicians prepare, fabricate, and finish dentures, bridges, and other dental devices.
- The candidate will be in charge of creating impression trays, wax bite-blocks, and plaster moulds from dental impressions taken from patients.
- The candidate will be in charge of creating orthodontic bands, cast bridges, and denture bases out of gold, silver, stainless steel, and other metal alloys.
- The candidate will be required to pack plastic material into moulds to construct full or partial dentures, wax mould artificial gum outlines, complete the metal framework on dentures, and buff dentures until they have a smooth, natural finish.
- The candidate will be expected to help the technicians keep the lab clean and orderly.
- The candidate must document any issues that arise during the process and report when supplies such as wax and metals are running low.
- The candidate will be responsible for training, supervising, and supporting newer bench workers, as well as managing the lab when technician is unavailable.
- As a complement to their primary dentistry responsibilities, the candidate will be expected to conduct modest managing obligations by their superiors.
- The candidate must be able to communicate clearly with the dental technician and interpret his instructions, either in person, in writing or over the phone
- The candidate must be able to use common dental lab tools such as porcelain ovens and furnaces, pinning equipment, and lathes.
- The candidate will be asked to provide standard operating procedures (SOPs), prescriptions, and dental imprints.
- The candidate will be required to collaborate with dentists, orthodontists, and other dental lab technicians.
- The candidate must follow lab processes and procedures as well as industry standards.
- The candidate will be required to consult with dentists and other specialists on problematic dental cases.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate should be willing to work in standing position for long hours.
- The candidate should ready to work overtime if needed
- Health, Long term, Financial and other benefits would be provided to the selected candidates.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidates would get Health care plan, Disability benefits, Dental plan and Vision care benefits.
- Under Long term benefits, the selected candidates would get Group insurance benefits, Life insurance, Pension plan, Registered retirement savings plan (RRSP), Other benefits and Long-term care insurance
- Under Financial benefits, the selected candidates would get Bonus.
- In addition to the above mentioned health, financial and long term benefits the selected candidates would get other benefits in the form Free parking available, Paid time off (volunteering or personal days) and Travel insurance
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
Please include the following while sending the application
- Cover letter