Thai Tamarind Inc based in 287 Dundas St. E, Waterdown, ON L0R 2H6 is looking suitable applicants for the position of Cook who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. Whether an intimate dinner, a family gathering, a business luncheon, or a catered event, Thai Tamarind offers a most pleasant dining experience for everyone. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to full time or permanent employment. The shift timings include Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Flexible Hours and To be determined.
Employer Name: Thai Tamarind Inc
No. of vacancies: 2
Salary: $16.50 hourly for 40 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: 287 Dundas St. E, Waterdown, ON L0R 2H6
- The candidate will be responsible for overseeing kitchen operations.
- The candidate must clean the kitchen and work areas.
- The candidate would be in charge of keeping inventory and records of food, supplies, and equipment.
- The candidate would be in charge of preparing and cooking complete meals as well as individual dishes and foods.
- The candidate must plan menus, determine food portion sizes, estimate food requirements and costs, and monitor and order supplies.
- The candidate will be expected to verify and organise the use of fresh and dry storage food ingredients in Thai food preparation.
- The candidate would be responsible in ensuring the highest quality of food & beverage for guests through meticulous consistency, taste and presentation of all dishes.
- The candidate will be responsible for maintaining proper order and purchase control, as well as ensuring that all deliveries are received and handled efficiently and in accordance with hotel standards.
- The candidate must be capable of creating new dishes on a monthly basis.
- The candidate will be required to slightly modify recipes to meet the needs and requests of customers (e.g. reduce salt, remove dairy)
- The candidate will be responsible for removing any hazards and securing any flaws in the kitchen or equipment.
- The candidate must adhere to kitchen and hygiene standards.
- The candidate will be required to assure good quality and apt quantity of served food item
- The candidate must be able to use all specialised kitchen equipment effectively.
- The candidate would be in charge of ordering food ingredients.
- The candidate must ensure proper food handling, sanitation, and food storage procedures are followed.
- The candidate should follow all food health and safety requirements.
- The candidate will be required to assure that meals are fresh and hot at serving time.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of Secondary (high) school graduation certificate or equivalent experience
- The ideal candidate should have a minimum 1 to 2 years of working experience in similar industry.
- The candidate should be a good team player with enough interpersonal and judge-mental skills.
- The candidate should be organized and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should be punctual.
- The candidate should be accountable.
- The candidate should be authentic.
- The candidate should be dependable.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should give importance to values and ethics.
- The candidate should have the ability to adapt to changing schedules.
- The candidate should have excellent customer service skills.
- The candidate must have excellent hand-eye coordination.
- The candidate must be able to use their own initiative
- The candidate should have ability to work with little supervision and maintain a high level of performance.
- The candidate should be Customer-oriented and friendly.
- The candidate should have the ability to work quickly without compromising quality.
- The candidate will be required to work in Restaurant.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- This is a fast-paced environment.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be prepared for doing physically challenging tasks as part of daily work.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate should be willing to work in standing position for long hours.
Work Location Information
- The candidate should be willing to relocate to the given location.
- The employer would pay for the selected candidate’s relocation expenses.
- The candidate would get On-site housing options and Travel insurance.
- Under Financial benefits, the selected candidate would get Bonus and Gratuities.
- In addition to the benefits mentioned above the selected candidates would expect to get many long term benefits as well.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
287 Dundas St. E suite 1
L0R 2H6 Between 10:30 AM and 06:00 PM
905-923-3255 Between 10:00 AM and 07:00 PM
Please include the following while sending the application
- Cover letter
- References attesting experience