Homestead Bay Contracting Inc based in Berry Mills, NB is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Carpenter who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job.
Employer Name: Homestead Bay Contracting Inc
No. of vacancies: 4
Salary: $18.00 to $30.00 hourly for 30 to 50 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Berry Mills, NB
- The candidate must read and interpret blueprints, drawings, and sketches in order to determine specifications and calculate requirements.
- The candidate will be required to prepare layouts in accordance with building codes, using measuring tools.
- The candidate will be required to measure, cut, shape, assemble, and join materials made of wood, wood substitutes, lightweight steel, and other materials.
- The candidate will be required to build foundations, install floor beams, lay subflooring, and erect walls and roof systems.
- The candidate will be required to fit and install windows, doors, stairs, mouldings, and hardware.
- The candidate will be expected to schedule and coordinate work on-site.
- The candidate will be expected to train apprentices.
- The candidate will be expected to supervise other employees.
- The candidate must estimate costs and materials.
- The candidate will be expected to maintain, repair, and renovate residences and wooden structures in mills, mines, hospitals, industrial plants, and other establishments.
- The candidate should be fluent in English or French languages.
- The candidate must have a certificate or diploma in other trades or equivalent experience.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate must be able to supervise 1 to 2 people.
- The candidate must have Carpenter Trade Certification, Workplace Safety and Insurance Board�(WSIB) clearance Certificate and Carpenter Red Seal Certificate.
- The candidate must have completed Personal protective equipment (PPE) and working at heights training.
- The candidate should be accurate.
- The candidate should be client focused.
- The candidate should have effective interpersonal skills.
- The candidate should have good judgemental skills.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
Work site environment
- The candidate must be able to work at heights.
- The candidate will be required to work in confined spaces.
- The work site environment is noisy, and the candidate must be able to work with complete concentration even in such conditions.
- The candidate must be able to work in dusty conditions.
- Work settings include construction, renovation, historical restoration, and maintenance and repair.
- The candidate will be required to work in various locations.
- The candidate will be required to work in a residential setting.
Security and safety
- The candidate must be bondable.
- The candidate should be subjected to a thorough criminal background check.
- The candidate must have their own transportation.
- The candidate must have their own vehicle.
- The candidate must have a valid driver’s licence.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in bending, crouching, and kneeling positions.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate must finished the work with in the given time line.
- The candidate must have their own tools, safety equipment/gear, steel-toed safety boots, hard hat, and safety glasses/goggles.
- Under Financial Benefits, the selected candidate will be compensated for piece work.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
Please include the following while sending the application
- References attesting experience
- Letter of recommendation
- Proof of the requested certifications
- Copy of portfolio or relevant work examples
- Reference number- 7382918