Confederation Centre of the Arts based in Charlottetown, PE is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Building systems technician who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Shift, Overtime, On Call, To be determined, Early Morning and Morning.
Employer Name: Confederation Centre of the Arts
Position: Building systems technician
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $23.32 to $24.33 hourly for 200 hours per month
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Charlottetown, PE
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 2 to 3 years of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate should be dependable.
- The candidate should have effective interpersonal skills.
- The candidate should have excellent oral communication skills.
- The candidate should be flexible.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
Work Site Environment
- The candidate must be able to work at heights.
- The candidate will be required to work in confined spaces.
- The work site environment is noisy, and the candidate must be able to work with complete concentration even in such conditions.
- The candidate will be required to work long hours in an outdoor environment.
- The candidate will be required to work in an urban area.
Experience and Specialization
Equipment and Machinery Experience
- The candidate must have prior experience with alarms, compressors, computerised switchboards, electronic controls, engines, generators, HVAC, indicators, metres, pumps, switches, and valves.
Area of Specialization
- The candidate must be knowledgeable in heating, lighting, maintenance, refrigeration, repair, and ventilation.
Security and Safety
- The candidate should be subjected to a thorough criminal background check as well as a driver’s licence validity check.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- The candidate should be willing to work overtime if necessary.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate should be willing to work for long hours in sitting positions
- The candidate must be willing to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- Health, Financial and Long term benefits will be provided to the selected candidate.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Dental plan, Health care plan and Vision care benefits.
- Under Financial benefits, the selected candidate will receive benefits in accordance with the collective agreement.
- Under Long Term Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Group insurance benefits, Life insurance, Other benefits and Pension plan.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
145 Richmond Street
C1A 1J1 Between 09:00 AM and 05:00 PM