Boardwalk based in Red Deer, AB is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Apartment building maintenance worker who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Overtime and On Call.
Employer Name: Boardwalk
Position: Apartment building maintenance worker
No. of vacancies: 2
Salary: $22.00 to $25.00 hourly for 40 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Red Deer, AB
- The candidate will be required to make minor adjustments and repairs to heating, cooling, ventilation, plumbing, and electrical systems, as well as contact tradespeople for major repairs.
- The candidate will be required to contact contractors for repairs and maintenance of the establishment.
- The candidate will be expected to perform minor appliance repairs.
- The candidate will be required to move heavy furniture, equipment, and supplies.
- The candidate will be required to perform other routine maintenance tasks such as painting and drywall repair.
- The candidate will be required to work with little supervision.
- The candidate will be expected to clear snow and ice from walkways and parking lots.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate must have a secondary (high) school diploma or equivalent experience.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 2 to 3 years of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate must able to handle weight up to 45 kg (100 lbs).
- The candidate should be dependable.
- The candidate should have excellent oral and written communication.
- The candidate should be organised and flexible in nature.
- The candidate must be capable of acting on their own initiative.
- The candidate should have good judgemental skills.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate will be required to work in an apartment/condominium complex.
Experience and Specialization
- The candidate must have prior experience with Power tools.
Security and Safety
- The candidate should be subjected to a thorough criminal background check.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be required to handle heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in bending, crouching, and kneeling positions.
- The candidate must have their own tools.
- Health, Financial and Long term benefits will be provided to the selected candidate.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Dental plan, Disability benefits, Health care plan and Vision care benefits.
- Under Financial benefits, the selected candidate will receive mileage reimbursement.
- Under Long Term Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Group insurance benefits, Life insurance, Other benefits and Registered retirement savings plan (RRSP).
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.