OrientDepot based in Mississauga, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Warehouse associate who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Part time leading to full time job. The candidate must work on the day shift.
Employer Name: OrientDepot
Position: Warehouse associate
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $18.00 to $22.00 hourly (To be negotiated) / 20 to 40 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Part time leading to full time
Location: Mississauga, ON
- The candidate must clean and maintain the office, supply area, or warehouse.
- The candidate will be expected to provide advice on the use and appropriateness of goods or parts.
- The candidate must identify, label, and catalogue items received.
- The candidate will be expected to issue and distribute internal parts and supplies.
- The candidate must maintain inventory control system records.
- The candidate will be responsible for preparing and tracking work orders.
- The candidate must prepare requisition orders to replenish parts and supplies.
- The candidate must process incoming requisitions.
- The candidate must receive, unpack, and sort incoming parts, supplies, and materials.
- The candidate must ship, deliver, or pick up parts, products, or equipment.
- The candidate must store items in a warehouse, tool room, or supply area.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate must have a certificate of secondary (high) school graduation or equivalent experience.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 2 to 3 years of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate must be able to handle weight up to 13.5 kg (30 lbs).
- The candidate should be dependable.
- The candidate should have effective interpersonal skills.
- The candidate should have excellent oral communication skills.
- The candidate should be organised and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
- The candidate should give importance to values and ethics.
- The candidate must be punctual.
- The candidate must work in a wholesale establishment/store and a warehouse.
Experience and specialization
Computer and technology knowledge
- The candidate must be familiar with Microsoft Office.
Equipment and machinery experience
- The candidate must have prior experience operating industrial lift trucks and forklifts.
- The candidate must be knowledgeable about electrical products and small appliances.
Security and safety
- The candidate should be subjected to a thorough criminal background check.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate must be able to distinguish between colours.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- The candidate must finished the work with in the given time line.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
- The candidate must have their own steel-toed safety boots.
- Long term and Other benefits will be provided to the selected candidate.
- Under Long Term Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Group insurance benefits.
- In addition to the Long-term benefits mentioned above, the selected candidate will receive Free parking, Employer-paid learning/training and Parking facilities.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
Please include the following while sending the application
- Cover letter
- References attesting experience
- Copy of portfolio or relevant work examples