10024632 Manitoba Ltd. based in Winnipeg, MB is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Truck driver who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job.
Employer Name: 10024632 Manitoba Ltd.
Position: Truck driver
No. of vacancies: 2
Salary: $22.00 hourly for 40 hours per 40 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Winnipeg, MB
- The candidate must drive lighter, special-purpose trucks.
- The candidate must load and unload goods.
- The candidate must operate and drive straight or articulated trucks in order to transport goods and materials.
- The candidate will be responsible for overseeing condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and other equipment.
- The candidate must perform brake adjustments.
- The candidate will be required to perform roadside emergency repairs.
- The candidate will be expected to perform pre-trip, en route, and post-trip inspections as well as oversee all vehicle aspects.
- The candidate will be expected to perform preventive maintenance.
- The candidate will be responsible for receiving and relaying information to central dispatch.
- The candidate will be responsible for recording cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption.
- The candidate will be responsible for tarping and ensuring cargo safety and security.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of Secondary (high) school graduation certificate.
- Candidate having experience is an asset.
- The candidate must have an Air Brake (Z) Endorsement and a valid driver’s licence (Class 3 or D).
- The candidate must be able to handle weight up to 23 kg (50 lbs).
- The candidate should have effective interpersonal skills.
- The candidate should have excellent oral communication skills.
- The candidate should be organised and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should have good judgemental skills.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
- The candidate will be required to work in various locations.
Experience and Specialization
- The candidate should be knowledgeable about Accident or incident reports, Bill of lading, Driver logbook, Inspection report (pre-trip, en-route, post-trip), Trans-border documentation and Trip reports.
Type of Trucking and Equipment
- The trucking and equipment type is tractor-trailer.
Communication Systems Experience
- The candidate must be able to use GPS (Global Positioning System) and other navigation devices.
- The candidate must be familiar with the Trip recorder (on-board computer)
- The candidate must have prior travel experience in the local and provincial/territorial regions.
Security and safety
- The candidate should be subjected to a thorough driving record check (abstract), and drug test.
- The candidate’s travel expenses will be covered by the employer.
- The candidate must have a valid driver’s licence.
- The candidate must be willing to travel overnight.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.