OH Armstrong Ltd based in Kingston, NS is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Truck driver who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The candidate will be required to work during the day shift.
Employer Name: OH Armstrong Ltd
Position: Truck driver
No. of vacancies: 2
Salary: $18.00 to $20.00 hourly for 40 to 42.5 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Kingston, NS
- The candidate must maintain professionalism in customer service.
- The candidate will be required to load and unload goods.
- The candidate will be expected to perform pre-trip, en route, and post-trip inspections as well as oversee all vehicle aspects.
- The candidate must receive and relay information to central dispatch.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 2 to 3 years of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate must have an Air Brakes Endorsement and a Class 3/3F/DF Licence (trailer truck, vehicles with more than 3 axles).
- The candidate must be able to handle weight up to 45 kg (100 lbs).
- The candidate should have effective interpersonal skills.
- The candidate should have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- The candidate should be organised and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should have good judgemental skills.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
Experience and Specialization
- The candidate must be well-versed in driver logbooks, inspection reports (pre-trip, en-route, and post-trip), and trip reports.
Type of Trucking and Equipment
- The trucking and equipment types are refrigerated and straight truck (4,600kg+ or 10,000lbs+ with 3+ axles).
Security and safety
- The candidate must be bondable.
- The candidate should be subjected to a thorough criminal background check as well as a driving record check (abstract)
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should be required to handle heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- Health and Long term benefits will be provided to the selected candidate.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Dental plan, Health care plan and Vision care benefits.
- Under Long Term Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Group insurance benefits, Life insurance, Other benefits and Registered retirement savings plan (RRSP).
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
1478 Park Road, P.O. Box 220