1975720 Alberta Ltd based in 6311 Cartmell Road SW, Edmonton, AB T6W 3H3 is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Truck driver who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Shift, Overtime, Flexible Hours, Early Morning and Morning.
Employer Name: 1975720 Alberta Ltd
Position: Truck driver
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $29.00 hourly for 40 to 60 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: 6311 Cartmell Road SW, Edmonton, AB T6W 3H3
- The candidate will be required to load and unload goods.
- The candidate must operate and drive straight or articulated trucks in order to transport goods and materials.
- The candidate will be responsible for overseeing condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and other equipment.
- The candidate will be required to perform brake adjustments.
- The candidate will be required to perform roadside emergency repairs.
- The candidate will be expected to perform pre-trip, en route, and post-trip inspections as well as oversee all vehicle aspects.
- The candidate will be expected to perform preventive maintenance.
- The candidate will be responsible for receiving and relaying information to central dispatch.
- The candidate will be responsible for recording cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption.
- The candidate will be responsible for tarping and ensuring cargo safety and security.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of Secondary (high) school graduation certificate.
- Candidate having experience is an asset.
- The candidate must have an air brake endorsement and a valid driver’s licence (Class 1 or A)
- The candidate must be able to handle weight up to 45 kg (100 lbs).
- The candidate will be provided with room and board.
- Accommodation will be provided for the candidate.
- The candidate will be required to work in various locations.
- The candidate must be willing to relocate to the specified location.
- The candidate’s relocation expenses will be covered by the employer.
Experience and Specialization
- The candidate should be familiar with Accident or incident reports, Driver logbook, Inspection report (pre-trip, en-route, post-trip) and Maintenance and repair reports.
Communication Systems Experience
- The candidate must be familiar with the Citizens band (CB) radio.
- The candidate must be able to use GPS (Global Positioning System) and other navigation devices.
Security and safety
- The candidate should undergo a thorough driver’s licence validity check, driving record check (abstract) and drug test.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should be required to handle heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate will be expected to manage a large workload.
- The candidate should be willing to work overtime if necessary.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate should be willing to work for long hours in sitting positions.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
6311 Cartmell Road SW