SK – BUSINESS LIMITED based in Dartmouth, NS is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Truck driver who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The candidate will be required to work various shifts.
Employer Name: SK – BUSINESS LIMITED
Position: Truck driver
No. of vacancies: 2
Salary: $22.00 hourly for 40 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Dartmouth, NS
- The candidate must be able to load and unload goods.
- The candidate must operate and drive straight or articulated trucks in order to transport goods and materials.
- The candidate will be responsible for overseeing condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and other equipment.
- The candidate will be required to perform roadside emergency repairs.
- The candidate will be expected to perform pre-trip, en route, and post-trip inspections as well as oversee all vehicle aspects.
- The candidate will be expected to perform preventive maintenance.
- The candidate will be responsible for recording cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption.
- The candidate will be responsible for tarping and ensuring cargo safety and security.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 2 to 3 years of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate must have a valid driver’s licence (Class 3 or D).
- The candidate should have good judgemental skills.
- The candidate must be well-organized.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate will be required to work in various locations.
Experience and Specialization
- The candidate should be well-versed in driver logbook documentation.
Communication Systems Experience
- The candidate must be capable of using GPS (Global Positioning System) and other navigation equipment.
- The ideal candidate will have prior experience running both long-distance and short-distance trips.
- The candidate should be knowledgeable about international, local, and regional regions.
Security and Safety
- The candidate should undergo a thorough Driver’s Licence Validity Check and Driving Record Check (abstract).
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate should be required to handle heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate should be willing to work for long hours in sitting positions.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.