Supervisor, food services
MJ Thorpe Restaurants Ltd based in Whitehorse, YT is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Supervisor, food services who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The candidate will be expected to work in various shifts and during Flexible Hours.
Employer Name: MJ Thorpe Restaurants Ltd
Position: Supervisor, food services
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $18.53 hourly for 40 to 48 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Whitehorse, YT
- The candidate must devise methods for meeting work schedules.
- The candidate will be responsible for supervising and coordinating the activities of staff members who prepare and portion food.
- The candidate must train staff on job duties, sanitation, and safety procedures.
- The candidate will be expected to hire food service personnel.
- The candidate will be responsible for ensuring food service and quality control.
- The candidate will be expected to respond to customer complaints or concerns.
- The candidate will be in charge of creating and submitting reports.
- The candidate should be fluent in English or French languages.
- The candidate must have a certificate of secondary (high) school graduation or equivalent experience.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 1 to 2 years of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate must be able to supervise 16 to 20 people.
- The candidate will be responsible for supervising general cooks, food service counter attendants and food preparers, as well as kitchen and food service helpers.
- The candidate must have a First Aid Certificate, a CPR Certificate, and a Food Safety Certificate.
- The candidate should be client focused.
- The candidate should have effective interpersonal skills.
- The candidate should have excellent oral communication skills.
- The candidate should be flexible.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
- The candidate will be required to work in a fast food restaurant or concession.
- The candidate must have a valid driver’s license.
- The candidate must have their own transportation.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in bending, crouching, and kneeling positions.
- Health, Financial and Long term benefits will be provided to the selected candidate.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Dental plan, Disability benefits, Health care plan and Vision care benefits.
- Under Financial benefits, the selected candidate will receive Bonus.
- Under Long Term Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Group insurance benefits, Life insurance and Other benefits.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
Y1A 1K2 Between 11:00 AM and 10:00 AM