Smitty’s Family Restaurant based in Halifax, NS is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Restaurant host/hostess who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Evening, Weekend, Shift, Overtime and Morning
Employer Name: Smitty’s Family Restaurant
Position: Restaurant host/hostess
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $14.00 hourly 30 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Halifax, NS
- The candidate will be expected to inspect dining rooms and other areas where food and beverages are served.
- The candidate will be expected to respond to customer complaints or concerns.
- The candidate will be expected to respond to customer inquiries about menu items and preparation methods.
- The candidate must assist clients/guests with special needs.
- The candidate must attend to seating arrangements for large groups.
- The candidate will be expected to greet customers.
- The candidate must perform opening and closing activities.
- The candidate will be responsible for taking customer reservations and assigning tables.
- The candidate will be required to accept payments from customers.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of Secondary (high) school graduation certificate.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 1 to 2 years of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate should be client focused.
- The candidate should have effective interpersonal skills.
- The candidate should have excellent oral communication skills.
- The candidate must be capable of acting on their own initiative.
- The candidate must be well-organized.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
- The candidate must work in a restaurant.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- The candidate must be willing to walk for long periods of time.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.