Foothills Custom Maintenance Ltd. based in 923-46 Ave, Calgary, AB T2G 2A5 is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Press Brake Operator who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. Foothills Custom Maintenance Ltd. is a company that works in the Motor Vehicle Body and Trailer Manufacturing industry. Quest Fabrication has been a leading manufacturer and installation facility in Alberta since 1992.
Quest is COR certified and has a Transport Canada National Safety Mark. All managers have extensive industry experience and are long-term employees. The company’s name and reputation have been built on quality and customer satisfaction. Quest has a 20,000-square-foot facility with a large fenced-in yard that is monitored by an alarm and video surveillance. We provide a full range of custom steel and aluminium products and are distributors for major manufacturers such as Reading, Maranda, Rugby, and ITB, to name a few. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The selected candidate must be available to work throughout the day shift.
Employer Name: Foothills Custom Maintenance Ltd.
Position: Press Brake Operator
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $22.00 to $25.00 hourly for 40 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: 923-46 Ave, Calgary, AB T2G 2A5
- The candidate will be required to manually select and transport material to the work area, or to use a crane or hoist.
- The candidate must be able to read and interpret specifications as well as follow verbal instructions.
- The candidate must clean and lubricate machinery and equipment.
- The candidate will be expected to check things for appropriate forms, dimensions, and other criteria.
- The candidate must plan, set up, and operate one or more light or heavy metalworking machines.
- The candidate will be expected to troubleshoot, take corrective action, and perform minor repairs.
- The candidate will be expected to document their work.
- The candidate will be required to cut, bend, roll, ream, punch, drill, weld, or otherwise shape and form metal stock into parts or products.
- The candidate will be expected to ensure that sufficient raw materials are available.
- The candidate must inspect products, evaluating finished pieces for compliance with quality standards and specifications.
- The candidate will be required to perform routine press brake maintenance.
- The candidate will be expected to keep the work area clean.
- The candidate will be required to perform other related duties as assigned.
- The candidate will be expected to set up and operate sheet metal equipment under minimal supervision in order to fabricate and form products according to engineering drawings and parameters.
- The candidate will be required to perform material loading and unloading by changing tools and selecting necessary machine programmes.
- Before performing operations, the candidate must ensure that any safety issues are corrected.
- To reduce scrap, the candidate will be required to select the best suitable sheet size for the parts to be fabricated.
- The candidate will be expected to ensure optimum machine performance by sharpening tools as needed.
- The candidate will be expected to set up a brake press while adhering to print parameters and work instructions.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- The ideal candidate should have a minimum 3 to 5 years of working experience in similar industry.
- The candidate must have Overhead Crane Certification and Forklift Operator Certification.
- The candidate should be able to handle weight more than 45 kg (100 lbs)
- The candidate should have a thorough criminal record check.
- The candidate should be organized and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should give importance to values and ethics.
- The candidate should be punctual.
- The candidate should be accountable.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should have excellent customer service skills.
- The candidate should have the ability to work quickly without compromising quality
- The candidate should be a good team player with enough interpersonal and judge-mental skills.
- The candidate should have excellent time management skills and have strong organizational skills.
- The candidate should have excellent oral and written communication.
- The candidate should have good physical and healthy state to perform all tasks quickly, effectively, and efficiently.
- The candidate should be able to work in a safe and efficient manner with little supervision.
- The candidate should be able to operate or learn to operate press brake controls safely and effectively.
- The candidate must be able to use precision measuring tools like callipers and micrometres.
- The candidate must be able to handle confidential information responsibly.
- The candidate should have strong problem solving skills.
- The candidate should have strong math skills as well as the ability to apply them.
Metal Forming or Shaping Operations Experience
- The ideal candidate will have prior experience with straightening, punching, forming, flattening, drawing, and bending.
Equipment and Machinery Experience
- The candidate should have prior experience operating shears, saws, punch presses, overhead cranes, lifting devices, hand tools, drills, and brakes.
- The candidate will be required to work in Metal product fabrication industry
- Candidates are required to wear steel-toed safety boots.
Work Site Environment
- The work site environment is noisy, and the candidate must be able to work with complete concentration even in such conditions.
- For transportation, the candidate should use their own vehicle
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be prepared for doing physically challenging tasks as part of daily work.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate must finished the work with in the given time line.
- The candidate should be willing to work in standing position for extended periods.
- The candidate must have excellent hand-eye coordination.
- The candidate must perform manual dexterity tasks.
- Health, Long term and many other benefits would be provided to the selected candidates.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidates would get Health care plan, Dental plan and Vision care benefits
- Under Long Term Benefits, the selected candidates would get Group insurance benefits and Life insurance
- In addition to the above mentioned health and long term benefits the selected candidates would get other benefits in the form of Free parking facilities and Travel insurance
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.