D&G LOGISTICS INC based in Regina, SK is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Long haul truck driver who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job.
Employer Name: D&G LOGISTICS INC
Position: Long haul truck driver
No. of vacancies: 2
Salary: $26.00 hourly for 40 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Regina, SK
- The candidate must drive as part of a two-person team or convoy.
- The candidate must drive lighter, special-purpose trucks.
- The candidate must load and unload goods.
- The candidate must obtain special permits and other documents required for international cargo transport.
- The candidate must operate and drive straight or articulated trucks in order to transport goods and materials.
- The candidate will be responsible for overseeing condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and other equipment.
- The candidate must perform brake adjustments.
- The candidate will be required to perform roadside emergency repairs.
- The candidate will be expected to perform pre-trip, en route, and post-trip inspections as well as oversee all vehicle aspects.
- The candidate will be expected to perform preventive maintenance.
- The candidate will be responsible for recording cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption.
- The candidate will be responsible for tarping and ensuring cargo safety and security.
- The candidate will be expected to transport and handle hazardous materials.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of Secondary (high) school graduation certificate.
- Candidate having experience is an asset.
- The candidate should have effective interpersonal skills.
- The candidate should be organised and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should have good judgemental skills.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
Experience and Specialization
- The candidate should be knowledgeable about Accident or incident reports, Driver logbook, Inspection report (pre-trip, en-route, post-trip), Maintenance and repair reports and Trip reports.
Type of Trucking and Equipment
- The type of trucking and equipment is a dump truck.
- The candidate must have a valid driver’s licence.
- The candidate must be willing to travel for extended periods of time.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate should be willing to work overtime if necessary.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be willing to work for long hours in sitting positions.
- The candidate must have a hard hat, and steel-toed safety boots.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.