Lau Caregiver based in Downtown Calgary, AB, is looking for Live-in Caregiver – Persons With Disabilities with 1 vacancy. The ones chosen to be employed will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to that of employment based on a term or a contract and a full time job. The shift is yet to be determined but will generally range from 08:00 to 16:00 hours.
Employer Name: Lau Caregiver
Position: Live-in Caregiver – Persons With Disabilities
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $18.00 hourly for 40 to 50 hours per week
Employment type: Term or contract; Full time
Location: Downtown Calgary, AB
- Will be required to provide personal care to the clients.
- Will be required to provide companionship to the clients.
- Will be required to prepare and serve nutritious meals to the clients.
- Will be required to plan therapeutic diets and menus for the clients.
- Will be required to perform light housekeeping and cleaning duties for the clients.
- Will be required to launder clothing and household linens for the clients.
- Will be required to collect specimens from the clients.
- Will be required to administer bedside and personal care for the clients..
- Will be required to feed or assist in feeding the clients.
- Will be required to change non-sterile dressings for the clients.
- Will be required to administer medications to the clients.
- Will be required to assist the clients in regular exercise, e.g., walk.
- Will be required to assist clients with bathing and other aspects of personal hygiene.
- Will be required to give care to elderly people.
- Will be required to give care to persons with physical disabilities.
- Will be required to give care to females.
- Will be required to give care to persons with Alzheimer’s disease.
- Will be required to handle weight of around 45 and 60 kg (100-132 lbs).
- Will be required to handle heavy loads.
- Will be required to do work that is physically demanding.
- The work will involve a lot of sitting.
- The work will involve a combination of sitting, standing and walking.
- One might also have to engage in a lot of bending, crouching and kneeling, which the candidate should be comfortable with.
- The candidate will be required to work in the employer’s or client’s home.
- Room and board will be provided to the candidate.
- The work setting will be an Urban area.
- Should have a College degree or a CEGEP.
- Should have equivalent experience in the concerned field.
- Should have experience in Exercise.
- Should have experience in Physiology.
- Should have an experience in Nursing and other related activities.
- Should have a First Aid Certificate.
- Should have a CPR Certificate.
- Should have a Health Care Aide Certificate.
- Should have a minimum experience of one to two years in the concerned field.
- Should have their drug test done.
- Should have Immunization records checked.
- Should have a thorough Criminal record check.
- Should have Adult Abuse Registry checked.
- Reference is required from trusted sources.
- Should get a vulnerable sector check done.
- No smoking is allowed in the work site environment.
- Should be initiative.
- Should be flexible.
- Should have excellent oral communication.
- Should have very good written communication.
- Should be dependable.
- Should have reliable.
- Should have clarity of judgement.
- Should be very well organized.
- Should have punctual.
- Should have effective interpersonal skills.
- Should be focused on clients.
- Should know English.
How to Apply
If you’re interested in applying, apply through the given mail.