The City of Edmonton is looking for ideal candidates for the position of Labourer II – Potholes. Applicants who really want to join the City of Edmonton and also want to apply for this role, they can also apply but make sure before applying candidates are requested to read all the details about the company and job role. The company strive to help our employees to achieve their professional and personal goals through an inclusive environment that values everyone’s contributions.
Employer Name: City of Edmonton
Position: Labourer II – Potholes
No. of vacancies: 20
Salary: $23.504 – $31.302/ hour
Employment Type: Full Time, Temporary
Location: Districts Edmonton (City Wide)
- All candidates will operate power tools, hand tools and small equipment, such as chainsaws, tampers, mowers, jackhammers, blower packs, generators etc.
- They will be responsible for construct, repair and clean auxiliary assets, such as fences, railings, streetscape etc.
- They will maintain and construct wooden sidewalks, stairs, bollards, fences and guardrails, noise walls, retaining walls etc.
- They have to load and unload material from truck to work site, and vice versa.
- Candidates will also assist with flagging procedures and yard duties.
- They have to operate light delivery vehicles to transport material and supplies.
- They are responsible for perform other related duties as required and also perform work within standard safety and environment requirements.
- Candidates must have completed Grade 10.
- They also must have 1 year of experience in potholes, specifically working with winter asphalt.
- They are also requested to have an emergency First Aid Certificate.
- Completion of Back to Basics Asphalt Seminar will be considered an asset for candidates.
- Supervisory experience would also be an asset.
- Candidates must have the ability to understand verbal and written instructions, and provide exemplary customer service.
- Candidates have to complete a pre-trip inspection on correlating equipment required for the task.
- They must have a valid Alberta Class 5 driver’s licence.
- Compliance with the City of Edmonton’s Code of Practice for Respiratory Protective Equipment, including medical monitoring will be an asset.
- They also must have some experience working in a crew setting.
- The company provides a barrier free workplace to their employers.
- They will also provide a respectful environment.
How to apply
All eligible candidates who are also interested in the Labourer II – Potholes position and who fit in the eligibility criteria. They are also required by the company to provide accurate details during the registration process. The use of the given application link is compulsive to click and register themselves. The company is ensuring the accuracy of the details is important, so make sure they will submit their updated CV in the registration process.