University Health Network based in Toronto, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Institutional research director who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The University Health Network includes the Toronto General and Toronto Western hospitals, the Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, the Toronto Rehabilitation Institute, and The Michener Institute of Education. The breadth of research and the complexity of cases at UHN have established us as a national and international resource for discovery, education, and patient care.
We have the largest hospital-based research programme in Canada, with major projects in cardiology, transplantation, neurosciences, oncology, surgical innovation, infectious diseases, genomic medicine, and rehabilitation medicine. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job.
Employer Name: University Health Network
Position: Institutional research director
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $200,000 to $300,000 annually for 1950 hours per year
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Toronto, ON
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of Earned doctorate degree or equivalent experience
- The ideal candidate should have a minimum 5 or more years of working experience in similar industry.
- The ideal candidate will be an outstanding biomedical researcher with a proven track record of scientific achievement in neuroscience, vision, and/or arthritis research.
- The candidate must be fully committed to promoting the full range of Krembil research.
- The candidate should have strong evidence of scientific and administrative leadership in a large research environment.
- The candidate will also be eligible for a clinical appointment at UHN in a relevant department.
- The ideal candidate will be a strategic thinker capable of promoting and expanding the Institute’s research excellence and international reputation.
- The ideal candidate will be in charge of fostering a strong culture of innovation, commercialization, and translating research discoveries into patient impact.
- The ideal candidate will be dedicated to driving innovation at Krembil by fostering collaboration with other UHN research institutes and external research partners such as the University of Toronto and the Toronto Academic Health Science Network.
- The ideal candidate will be responsible for developing strategic priorities that are aligned with UHN’s hospital and research strategic plans, as well as working closely with other senior leaders both inside and outside of the hospital to make these plans a reality.
- The ideal candidate will be committed to promoting equity, diversity, and inclusion principles and will be a leader in incorporating these into the Krembil culture.
- The ideal candidate has significant administrative accountability for the implementation of appointment and promotion standards, the allocation of space and other resources, and the development of key infrastructure that enables basic, translational, and clinical research across Krembil’s three institutes.
- The candidate is responsible for the Institute’s overall budget and collaborates closely with the UHN Foundation, donors, and the community to raise the funds required to support the Institute’s growth and sustainability.
- The candidate will also play a larger role in research at UHN by serving on the hospital’s Research Council Executive and collaborating closely with hospital and research leadership on the larger research vision and the collective impact of research across UHN.
- The candidate reports to UHN’s Executive Vice President, Science and Research.
- The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and passionate about their work.
- The candidate must be capable of acting on their own initiative.
- The candidate should have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The candidate should have excellent research and data gathering skills
- The candidate should be organized and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should give importance to values and ethics.
- The candidate must be willing to take on new responsibilities and challenges.
- The candidate should be energetic with a positive attitude
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should have good presentation skills
- The candidate should be able to handle stressful situations
- The candidate should have strong analytical, observational, and problem-solving skills.
- The candidate should be a good team player with enough interpersonal and judge-mental skills.
- The candidate should have a thorough Criminal record check.
- The candidate should be bondable and easily communicate.
- The candidate should have excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- The candidate should have strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- The candidate must be able to work well in a fast-paced environment
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
CanadaJobBank.org wishes you best of luck. Keep following our Canada Job Bank web site for latest Jobs in Canada, Work from home jobs, Walk-In interviews, LMIA approved jobs, Job fair and many more. Thank You.