Abbasi family based in Peterborough, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Home child care provider who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The position of Home child care provider has been approved by the LMIA (Labour Market Impact Assessment).
Employer Name: Abbasi family
Position: Home child care provider
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $17.50 hourly / 30 to 40 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Peterborough, ON
- The candidate will be expected to take full responsibility for the household in the absence of parents.
- The candidate must perform light housekeeping and cleaning duties.
- The candidate must go shopping for food and household supplies.
- The candidate will be required to accompany the family on trips and assist with child supervision and housekeeping duties.
- The candidate will be in charge of washing, ironing and pressing clothes and household linens.
- The candidate must bathe, dress, and feed infants and children.
- The candidate will be expected to discipline children using the methods specified by the parents.
- The candidate will be responsible for instructing children in personal hygiene and social development.
- The candidate will be in charge of keeping daily activity and health records for children.
- The candidate will be expected to keep the home safe and healthy.
- The candidate will be expected to organise activities for children such as games and outings.
- The candidate must prepare and serve healthy meals.
- The candidate must prepare infants and children for rest periods.
- The candidate must sterilise bottles, prepare formula, and change infant diapers.
- The candidate will be responsible for supervising and caring for children.
- The candidate will be responsible for transporting children to and from school and appointments.
- The candidate will be expected to look after the emotional well-being of children.
- The candidate will be expected to assist children with their homework.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of Secondary (high) school graduation certificate.
- Candidate having experience is an asset.
- Fluency in Sindhi is an asset.
- The candidate must be able to handle weight up to 9 kg (20 lbs).
- The candidate should be client focused.
- The candidate should have effective interpersonal skills.
- The candidate should have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- The candidate should be organised and flexible in nature.
- The candidate must be capable of acting on their own initiative.
- The candidate should have good judgemental skills.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
- The candidate must have excellent time management skills.
Work site environment
- The work environment is smoke-free.
- The candidate will be required to work at the employer’s residence.
Experience and specialization
- The candidate will be expected to supervise and care for a multi-age group of children.
Security and safety
- The candidate should be subjected to a thorough criminal background check.
- The candidate must provide valid reference information.
- The candidate has access to public transportation.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should be required to handle heavy loads as part of routine work.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
16-550 brealey drive
Between 04:00 PM and 07:00 PM
Please include the following while sending the application
- Job reference number- NA-001
- Cover letter
- References attesting experience
- Highest level of education and name of institution where it was completed