Bonanza Market based in Dawson, YT is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Grocery store cashier who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift schedules have yet to be determined.
Employer Name: Bonanza Market
Position: Grocery store cashier
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $17.00 to $20.00 hourly for 35 to 40 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Dawson, YT
- The candidate must be able to operate a cash register.
- The candidate must process money, cheques, and credit/debit card payments.
- The candidate will be required to scan items.
- The candidate must compute the total payment for the goods or services required.
- The candidate will have to accept payment for goods or services.
- The candidate will be expected to calculate daily/shift payments and reconcile them with total sales.
- The candidate will be in charge of suggestive selling.
- The candidate will be responsible for stocking shelves and cleaning the counter area.
- The candidate will be expected to greet customers.
- The candidate will be required to weigh produce and bulk foods.
- The candidate will be expected to monitor all entrances and exits and to request proof of payment as needed.
- The candidate will be required to participate in promotional activities.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate must have a certificate of secondary (high) school graduation or equivalent experience.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 1 to 2 years of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate should be accurate.
- The candidate should have excellent oral communication skills.
- The candidate must be flexible.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
- The candidate must be willing to relocate to the specified location.
- The candidate will be required to work in a wholesale establishment/store, a supermarket/grocery store, and a retail business.
Experience and specialization
Computer and Technology Knowledge
- The candidate should be familiar with an electronic cash register, an interac machine, a price scanner, and a computerised inventory record keeping and reordering system.
Security and safety
- The candidate should be subjected to a thorough criminal background check.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
- The candidate should be required to handle heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in sitting, standing, and walking positions.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in bending, crouching, and kneeling positions.
- Health, Financial and Other benefits will be provided to the selected candidate.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Dental plan and Health care plan.
- Under Financial benefits, the selected candidate will receive Bonus.
- In addition to the Health and Financial benefits mentioned above, the selected candidate will receive free parking and employer-paid learning/training.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
Please include the following while sending the application
- Cover letter
- References attesting experience
- Highest level of education and name of institution where it was completed